The great war

I dropped to my knees to pick up the knife she dropped and slid it toward my team. JJ immediately rushed to free me from the chains and Emily walked up to Cat, putting her in handcuffs. She didn't even fight, knowing she lost to this team once again.

After I was free I hugged JJ and we both cried.

"I'm so so sorry. I'm gonna make it up to you JJ. I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you," I said.

"Just shut up," she told me and kissed me hard.

"Can we go home?" I asked tiredly and my girl nodded.

She helped me up and took me to the SUV. When we got to the jet JJ and I sat on the couch with Emily opposite from us. I could see everyone else shooting me looks from a distance but I think they decided to give me a break before telling me how stupid I was.

I leaned back on the couch and took JJ's hand in my own rubbing circles on the back of it.

Emily leaned forward looking at me and hit my knee.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed, "What's your problem?"

"You could've gotten yourself killed," she told me.

"Well I couldn't risk taking you all down with me, I did what I had to do," I say, now rubbing my knee with my free hand.

"I know. And I'm so glad you didn't die," she said and got up to hug me.

I hugged her back and chuckled, "Yeah, me too."

"How did you know the gun was gonna fail?" Emily asked me.

"It didn't fail, just didn't have any bullets inside. That's why I needed her to switch the knife for the gun. At that moment I knew we were safe."

She nodded and sat back in her seat, "You're taking a week off," she looked at JJ, "you both are."

We nodded and Emily went back to the rest of the team.

I looked at Jennifer, "Are you okay?"

She chuckled tiredly, "You're the one who was chained up to the ceiling and you're asking if I'm okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah. Are you?"

She shrugged, "Yeah, just really tired."

I nodded and looked out the window.

"Did they hurt you?" She asked me.

"Nothing too bad."

"What did they do?" My girlfriend wanted to know.

I looked at her debating whether to tell her or not, "I guess they threw me around a bit, kicked and punched me a few times."

She moved a little closer to me and rested her head on my shoulder. I may have been downplaying it a little because everything hurts like a bitch. I can barely feel my arms by now. I'm so tired I feel like if I fall asleep I'm not gonna wake up for a month. I think she knows though, she's been in my place before.

We got back home and I went to take a shower. The hot water stinging my fresh wounds but also bringing warmth and comfort. After I got cleaned up I stood in front of a mirror to see if it looked as bad as it felt.

I'm so happy I'm back home and that I kept my promise. The wounds will heal soon and I hope everything will go back to normal now. It didn't affect me as much as I thought it would. I don't wanna say that I'm used to situations like this but I can't say that I wasn't prepared for it to happen.

I went to bed and I thought JJ was asleep but when I laid down next to her I noticed her breathing wasn't as even as it should be and her leg wasn't twitching. It's a thing she does when she's asleep.