Us three- Vada Cavell and Mia Reed

On the way to school this morning, you never would have assumed the day would pan out like it did. You thought you would fall asleep in homeroom, eat lunch, and go on autopilot until the bell rang at 2:45 and you could go home.

But you were wrong.

"Hey babes!" Your friend Leyah smiled as you walked through the double doors, plastering a grimace on your face as you did so. "You excited for today?"

"What's today?" You asked quietly, walking next to her as the two of you darted through the hallways. Leyah was the complete opposite of you, very outgoing and very loud, but not in a bad way.

"The English presentation we have... You know? Like the fifty-point assessment grade." The realization hit you like a freight train, stopping you immediately where you were.

"Fuck. Leyah I haven't finished my half." The shock that appeared on her face was enough to make you feel guilty about your own procrastination.

"Y/n, please tell me you are joking..." She said quietly, you could tell that her anxiety was through the roof. You weren't sure how to respond in a way that she would like, but you knew that you had to be honest with her.

"Okay, I will skip first period, and even second if I have to, and I will do the project." She rolled her eyes at you, dragging you to her locker. "No Leyah, I swear, I will get it done before English today, I swear on my life."

"You better finish it or I will kill you myself." As she said those words the bell rung, signifying it was time for you to haul your ass to the classroom, but you did the opposite of that. You made your way up to the library, knowing that you needed to keep your promise to Leyah.

As soon as you sat down in the back of the library, your phone went off, Leyah's name popping up on the screen.

Ley: If you need help finishing just let me know

You: I will- again I'm so sorry

Ley: I'll forgive you... If I can sleep over on Saturday??

You: Yes you can... love you!!

Ley: Love you too, now do the damn English final.

With that you put your phone away, pulling out your laptop and your notebooks, hoping that you would be able to finish in time, but also make it good enough to at least get a decent grade.

After only ten minutes of work, you were already tired of reading about Hawthorn and just wanted to drive daggers into your skull, so you decided to take a much-needed brain break in the hall.

You: Leyah- how many times am I going to have to write the words "When Hawthorn wrote this what he meant was-" before I go insane??

Ley: Oh at least fifteen more times

As you laughed at her response and began to write back, a loud bang rang out through the halls, your heart dropping immediately. You hoped that some kid had blown the lid of a water bottle, or dropped a large textbook, but when it happened again and the screams started, you knew your hopes were in vain.

You ran toward the nearest classroom but immediately found the door shut and locked in your face, the panic setting in. "Shit, shit, shit!" You whispered toward yourself as you stumbled toward the girls bathroom, watching two pairs of feet ducking into a stall.

You ran into the vacant stall next to them, clasping a hand over your mouth to quiet the sobs you hadn't realized were coming out of you. As you sat on the back of the toilet and pulled your feet up an orange heel fell underneath your stall, the girls beside you gasping.

Without a second thought, you bent down and picked it up, tossing it in the toilet under you, hearing more and more gunshots and screams from outside. You choked down another sob as the bathroom door swung open, the girls next to you doing the same.

As your stall door swung open you prepared to be met face-to-face with the barrel of a gun, so you closed your eyes tightly, thinking of all the things you wished you had done in life. But then the stall shut, and someone spoke instead.

"I- I'm not the shooter, it's Matt Corgan, I saw him, my- my brother." You opened your eyes to see a blood-covered Quinton in front of you, his hands shaking and tears flowing from his eyes. "My brother he-" You didn't know what else to do so you grabbed his hand and held it tightly.

"Come under." One of the girls muttered, Quinton immediately dropped to the ground and slid under the stall, you didn't want to be alone so you clambered to your knees and followed. He and the girl closest to you pulled you up, the four of you being a tight fit in such a small space.

As soon as you stood fully you saw that with you were Mia Reed, and Vada Cavell. "Shit were you shot?" Vada stuttered as she looked at Quinton, the boy covered in blood and still shaking.

"No- no my brother... he-" He couldn't even finish his sentence and if you were being honest, you didn't want him to. You didn't want to know the reality of what happened. You just grabbed his hand again, the boy falling into you like he depended on it.

More shots rang out, your body tensing as they sounded closer and closer, and then there were sirens. "Is it over?" Mia muttered quietly, her slim frame shaking next to you. "Is it over?" She whispered again, and before she could get another word out she began gagging, throwing herself over the toilet.

Your hand fell to her back rubbing instinctively while she threw up, Vada's hand landed on top of yours and the four of you just sat there listening as the cops screamed for Matt to drop his weapon.

And as a final few shots rang out, followed by silence, your body relaxed, and then everything went black.

*************************************

Hey loves!!!

I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to update, and I'm sorry this is short but there will definitely be more parts to this story.

I love you all so much and I love your continuous support even while I've been gone.

As always keep the comments coming and let me know of any requests you have.

-Ggldocswriting2258