Epilogue

*8 years later*

"Dean! We're going to be late!" Castiel shouted, fixing his tie in the mirror with a smile on his face. He turned to his husband as Dean came down the stairs, matched in the same black tux as Castiel. The Novak grinned, pecking his husband on the lips before tugging his sleeve towards the door gently.

"You're thirty-four and yet you still can't get dressed faster than Carrie on her first dance." Castiel said with a roll of his eyes, as he led Dean out of the house and towards the Impala. Dean grinned, grabbing his husband around the legs and butt and picking him up, letting him drape over his right shoulder.

"And you're still my baby. Though you're not wearing your trenchcoat today." Dean replied, a slight skip in his step as he carried Castiel to the car and setting him down. "Now, hurry up. You're such a slow walker."

Castiel rolled his eyes at Dean's cheekiness, opening the door and sliding in. He relaxed into the worn leather seats, looking over at Dean as he got into the driver's seat. He grinned, pulling on his seat belt before rolling down the window, hoping he didn't get sweaty before the big moment.

The ride was pleasant, the air just starting to warm on the spring day of April. He allowed his eyes to close, a happy look on his face as he enjoyed the breeze that came through the window.

Dean had explained what truly happened that day at the market, how the woman had just pretended to be in a car wreck to distract the police from the robbery that was taking place right at that moment. When they had got to the 'wreck', it was nothing but an overturned car. Of course, the woman tried to stop them from going back to the market, but Dean had ran right into danger, knowing that Gabriel was in there alone. It didn't take a genius to know what happened next.

After Dean had gotten out of the hospital, Castiel had convinced him to give up the life of a police officer for good. Instead, he went into mechanics and Castiel came back to his carpentry job. It was strange to go there only to find a new boss - Naomi had mysteriously disappeared while he was in prison - but he took a quick liking to Balthazar and his mellow but eccentric mood.

Mike graduated only a year after that, and started hanging out with a very pretty girl in a secret-like way. How shocked was Castiel when Mike invited them to their wedding five years later? Not at all actually.

"Can you believe our little boy is getting married today?" Dean said, a pride in his voice that made Castiel open his eyes and look over at him with a smile. He loved how much Dean enjoyed being a father.

"I know. He's grown up so quickly." Castiel said fondly, letting Dean's hand slide into his, rubbing his thumb over the back of his husband's hand. "I can't wait to see him up on the aisle with his blushing bride."

"Well, give us a few more minutes, and we'll be able to see him." Dean repied with a smirk, letting the conversation fall softly into silence, their fingers rubbing over each other. Castiel didn't mind though and he closed his eyes again, relaxing.

They pulled into the parking lot of the church, Castiel beginning to buzz with excitement of seeing his kid up on the altar much like he and Dean had. Without waiting for Dean to shut the engine off, he opened the door and hopped out, straightening his clothes. By the time he finished, Dean was by his side, grinning.

"Ready?" Dean asked with a smirk, waiting for Castiel to nod before they headed inside the church. Inside, there was the traditional wedding ornaments, people lining the pews and having easy chatter. Castiel and Dean quickly moved up the aisle before Castiel smiled, pecking his husband on the lips and letting his hand go.

Dean waved to Castiel before taking his place on the opposite side of the best man the bride had chosen for her side. Castiel took his place beside Gabriel, the blind man smiling over at him and giving him a hug. Castiel hugged him back before he looked at Lucifer and Sam sitting beside him, both of them in a conversation.

Looking farther on, he saw Carrie talking with Kyle and his boyfriend, her hair tied back in a loose messy ponytail. She never lost the innocence in her eyes though, and still carried her bubbly personality.

Kyle matured in the face, his features becoming more angular and mature. He began dating a young man named Samandriel about a year back, and he was an absolute sweetheart. Castiel enjoyed the man's company, and knew that Kyle was absolutely in love with him.

Jake and Gadreel sat at the very end, their hands linked together. It was obvious that they were destined to end up together, even when they were six, so it came as no surprise when Sam called, telling Castiel how he had caught them making out only three weeks ago.

It's like everyone who lives with us ends up gay. Maybe it is contagious. Castiel thought with amusement before turning his head to the front as he saw Mike come in, looking absolutely excited as he took his place at the altar. It seemed only a minute before the music began playing, and the bride came in.

Lindsey was absolutely beautiful with long red hair tied into a nice bun, a round face, with green eyes, and a bright smile. Castiel felt his heart swell and looked at the love on Mike's face, knowing that his kid had made the right decision.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The reception party was fun, but Castiel found himself exhausted as he sat down after his third dance with Dean. Unlike the Winchester, he wasn't the best at keeping his energy up. He sat down beside Lindsey's mother, who smiled at him.

"Run out of energy?" She asked, letting out a soft chuckle when Castiel nodded. "Don't worry. I feel the same. You're one of Mike's fathers right?"

"Yes, I'm Castiel. You're Lindsey's mother, right?" Castiel asked, tipping his head. Lindsey's mother nodded, holding out her hand and letting the Novak shake it.

"Julie. Pleasure." She said brightly, pushing her red hair off her shoulders. "So, which one is your husband?"

Castiel smiled at the small talk and looked out across the floor, spotting Dean munching on some of the food. "The one eating with the spiky hair. That's my husband, Dean." Castiel pointed out, Julie following his motions and letting out an 'aah'.

"He's a cutie. How lucky you are. Mike tells me your marriage is like no other." Julie said with a grin, leaning back in her chair casually. Castiel smirked at her, knowing that a great friendship would be born from this.

"Yes, We've been through hell, we've lost everything, even each other, but I wouldn't trade him for the world."