Chapter 25

Panic spread across Jason's face as Bellamy's morphed into anger, "I won't repeat myself." Bellamy growled out as Jace moved to stand between him and Jason.

"Look, I felt guilty about leaving and wanted to keep tabs on you guys. Make sure you were okay, that's all." He told him, his demeaner calming when Jace stepped in between them.

"Despite wanting to leave, didn't mean that I wanted to be out of your lives too. You're my family, my blood and I wanted to make sure that you all were safe." He told him meeting his gaze.

"I checked in on time to time, just to see how you all were and then I left you to your business." His gaze never wavering.

"I just wanted to feel the connection, the one we had growing up. You're my family and I couldn't let that go, couldn't let any of you go." He whispered looking down before meeting Bellamy's gaze. I watched Bellamy's anger turn into something else before he pressed his lips together and nodded, apparently willing to listen to what Jason had to say.

"Okay, I'm listening." He confirmed, his gaze never leaving Jason's.

"When Nick told me that he accepted the job you offered him, I wasn't about to let him stay here without me being able to keep an eye on him." His eyes met mine before continuing.

"So I used the access that I currently had on you all and broke into your security system to monitor your cameras. I wanted to be helpful in case he needed me, I also didn't want to come back here and ruin the lives you all had built without me."

Bellamy went to say something but Jason held his hand up and shook his head, Bellamy snapped his lips closed before nodding at Jason to continue.

"I noticed a pattern as I watched the cameras. One of you leaves the club, grabs product and comes back. When one isn't here the other is, if you leave on your own you have no back up no way to protect yourself." Jason rushed out.

"We don't have another choice," Jace spoke up to defend their movements.

"I'm not saying you do but if I picked up your pattern fairly easily? Imagine if someone else caught on? You would be killed."

"Look, I know you don't trust the people here and obviously with good reason but you need to stop. Both of you need to go, or one of you takes Nick." He told them, meeting both of their gazes before meeting mine.

"You need some sort of back up out there and neither one of you will be able to protect Claire if your dead." He whispered to them. They opened their mouths to say something but he continued on not letting them question him.

"You need to rotate your guards more frequently," he said slipping into business mode as he turned the computer towards them. "I don't want the same guards working the same shifts everyday. Rotate them out, every couple of days so that they don't get used to the comings and goings of the club as things change."

"What do you mean you don't want?" Bellamy snapped.

"What do you mean other things?" Jace questioned and ignored the huff of protest from Bellmay at being interrupted, as he looked at the program Jason brought up on the computer.

"I'll get to that in a minute," he told him as he clicked open the current schedule. "See this pattern? With the amount of security you need and the limited amount of guards you trust, you don't have enough back up."

We watched as the page shifted to a rotating pattern, "If you picked up, here, here and here, you wouldn't lose any money. The guards will always be different." He said leaning back in his seat allowing us to look it over completely.