Chapter 47

A month had gone by and everyone was settled in their arrangements, some of the men who lived for the excitement of working for a mafia warlord chose to work under Baldini's rule. Those who chose to live a quieter life had been allowed to stay and work as bouncers and such for each of the clubs.

Stephano, called every once in a while to make sure that the clubs were doing good and that he wasn't making any waves. So far, he had been lucky, it was just good that he was making sure to keep his end of the bargain. Every time Claire hung up with him she fell into a fit of laughter.

"I don't want you to go," she said as she rolled over in our bed.

"I know your filthy rich but with my job I cannot simply disapear." I told her as I nuzzled her neck.

"I know but this is the first time that you won't let me come with you," she pouted.

Two weeks into her new freedom, Jason had come to me with someone needing my help. Claire wanted me to go back to work but she wanted to come with, saying she needed to excitement and that she could handle herself.

Reluctantly I agreed, only because Dawson would be watching over us.

"I'm sorry baby, I should only be gone a couple of days." I told her peppering her face with kisses.

"Ugh, don't remind me," she grumbled, then sighed as I began to nibble on her neck.

"I love you," I whispered into her neck.

"I love you too," she breathed as she turned her face to meet my lips with her own.

"I have to go," I moaned as I rolled to get out of bed.

"Call me when you get there, okay?" She asked as he got up as well.

"Of course." I replied as I walked around and wrapped my arms around her waist.

Leaning down i pressed my lips against hers, I was going to miss her. Pulling away as a knock sounded an instant before Dawson shoved the door open.

"Alright let's get you moving," she exclaimed as she grabbed my hand and tugged me towards the door, Bellmay was behind her grabbing my duffle bag.

"Seriously?" Claire demanded watching as I was being manhandled.

"Yes, seriously. He won't leave on his own." Dawson replied.

"Fine," Claire replied as she began pushing my back to get me moving faster. I chuckled at their antics as Bellamy laughed following us to the elevator.

"Bye, baby I'll be home soon." I whispered as I hugged her close one more time.

"You fucking better," she mumbled into my chest.

I stepped away from her and entered the cab that was parked at the club entrance.

"Airport, sir?" The cabbie asked as I shut the door.

"Yes," I replied absently as I watched him pull away from the curb leaving Claire standing on the side walk waving goodbye.

Rolling down the window and sticking my head out, "I love you." I yelled out at her.

"I love you too!" She screamed back just before she disappeared from my view. Sighing I rolled up the window and leaned back into the seat.

"Newly weds?" The cabbie asked as he switched on his blinker and changed lanes.

"No, but I hope sometime soon." I smirked.

"Not if I can help it." He muttered.

"What did you say?" I asked my body humming with anger. Before I could act, the locks sounded and white smoke began to fill the back of the cab.