Chapter 34

I sat across from her at the table in her room, watching as she cleaned the wounds on my hand and placed butterfly stitches across the worst of them.

Her face seemed to glow in the late hours of the day, the small amount of sun still glistening in the room. Once she was finished and had begun to pull away I grabbed her hand.

Keeping my attention away from her face I cleaned her knuckles, slowly, carefully. Reaching out to the other, I noticed one was cut open enough that it needed stitches.

"We should take care of this," I told her holding her hand up for inspection. She looked at it before glancing at me and removing her hand from my grasp.

She reached into the bag at her side and pulled out the supplies and slid them across the table towards me. Laying her hand on the table, sighing inwardly I got everything ready and winced as I slid the needle into her skin.

She didn't move, didn't make a sound and I found my eyes looking up to meet hers. Her face was neutral, no pain wavering in the depths of her eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked pausing.

"I've had worse," she commented and when she didn't elaborate, I continued to sew the wound closed. Tying off the wound I grabbed a wrap for her hand and began to wrap it when she gently laid her other hand on top of mine.

"Don't worry about it," she whispered. Ignoring her and the warmth that flooded through me at her touch, I continued to wrap her hand.

"It will help it from ripping open again," I told her gruffly, trying to ignore my body's reaction to her, while sitting back and picking up the used products before moving to throw them in the trash.

"Thank you," she whispered, I turned to glance at her but her eyes were looking outside.

"Thank you," I said meaningfully and slipped from her room.

I almost made it to my room before I heard someone calling my name, turning I noticed Bellamy and Jason sitting in the security room motioning for me to come to them.

Sighing I walked into the room and leaned against the wall staring at them.

"Take a shower and relax," Bellamy stated. "Were watching the club tonight. We will finish up tomorrow with the rest." I nodded and pushed from the wall.

"The mercenaries will be in tonight, 4 total working, with other guards. Keep your eyes open." Bellamy said as he turned back to his computer.

I stared at his head for a moment, an unsettled feeling washing over me. Shrugging it off I went to my room and took a hot shower. Letting the water slide down my back, in an attempt to relax my stressed mucles.

Once I had emerged from the shower, I dried off before walking into my room. Glancing at the clock, I still had a couple hours before I needed to be down stairs. Sighing, I dropped onto the bed without bothering to dress.

My mind slipping away as my eyes closed and darkness sunk in, a couple hours sleep was just what I needed.

Two hours later I found myself in the middle of the club, four new guards had been introduced and no one questioned the disappearance of three of the staff members. I guess they knew better than to ask.

Claire was acting as a server, we were short handed and the club was busier than usual. Slipping through the crowds of people, I made my way to the corner of the club wanting to keep an eye open for any issues that may arise.

The private booths were packed, however no one was interested in the club like last time. My eyes moved across the club again and again.

Something seemed off, I couldnt place it but I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck standing at attention. I moved to radio Bellamy to close the place down but I knew what his response would be, no.