Chapter 2

It took a few minutes for Jacob to recover from the shock. He then ran towards the wolves who had the woman they had found, tightly wrapped up in their arms. He tugged free one part of the blanket and was shocked at the sight of the woman. Blood covered mostly all over her skin that he could see, bruised and wounds still leaking out blood... the woman was looking like she was at the bring of death. It was hard to see her face underneath all the blood, mud and terrible bruises.

He leaned closer to her and sniffed. He realized that she was a human and she smelled of blood... and death. And there was this intoxicating smell of a flower... jasmine, and vanilla, Jacob realized it was her own specific scent. Her scent filled his lungs and his body tingled with pleasure.

There was a faint heartbeat, he could hear, but it was too faint. She was slowly slipping off. She was dying!

Jacob screamed instantly. "Bring the pack doctor, NOW!"

Soon the whole pack house was as if rumpled in a blur of activities. Men ran around, some dragging the pack doctor while the others followed in their deeply worried state after their alpha who now had the dying woman securely in his arms.

Jacob brought the jasmine and vanilla scented woman inside a room filled with various medical equipments. The large room with several beds was used as the pack infirmary.

Jacob couldn't help but notice how light, small and fragile she felt in his arms. With frantic care he laid her on a single bed while the pack doctor came forward and immediately began checking her vitals.

Jacob looked up at the doctor. "Do everything to get her well." He demanded to the wise, older... very older man Simon. He was a good doctor along with a honest, quiet person.

Jacob's eyes began turning cloudy and then completely dark. It was fascinating how he was feeling so protective to a person he had just laid eyes on.

"Alpha. She is not in a good state, after losing so much blood I'm afraid that anything could be done. Being a human, she's too vulnerable to such kind of violation upon her."

Jacob didn't know what ticked him off more, that the doctor couldn't do anything, that she was dying or that she was violated by some bastards. He growled so loud in fury that the whole room shook. But almost instantly he himself was shaken at the several dozen growls that followed.

Jacob looked around to see all his pack members had gathered in the pack infirmary. It was crowded like hell! Freaking... there was next to no space for anyone to move a bit. Damien, his beta stood just behind him.

The doctor, while hooking the woman to different complicated machines, said hurriedly. "I need the room wolf free to at least try to help this poor girl breath properly."

"Everyone, leave now." Jacob barked, his alpha power shook all the people in the room. Even the doctor also flinched.

Reluctantly, everyone left. Damien was the last as he turned around before leaving, gave one last worried glance on the woman lying. Damien then shifted his eyes to Jacob, he nodded before finally going out and closing the door behind him.

Shifting his eyes back to the woman from the now closed door, Jacob gasped at the sight of her face now clean from all the blood and mud.

She was beautiful, and it was not just the outer beauty but he could see her inner beauty reflecting on her face as well. Her innocence was as if shimmered on her closed eyelids, she looked like a sleeping beauty... waiting for someone to wake her. He felt his heart just skip a beat and then when it again started beating, it was beating so furiously. Being a werewolf had it's disadvantages, for all the emotions felt were always multiplied.