Chapter 16

I actually wanted to write more and then upload this chapter. But I realized that I've already taken a very long break, it's time that I begin uploading again, no matter how small the chapters are. 

This one is dedicated to IceCreamCookies1. You got me writing fast with your reminders. :)

Everyone who've been voting and commenting and waiting on me patiently, thanks to you all!! Love yaaa!

Days passed in bliss, the air in the house smelled of happiness. Everyone in the pack was happy, they were hopeful and ecstatic of the growing bond between Jacob and Belle. They watched the two passing sweet and shy smiles at each other, they noticed how their feet would play footsies under the table, and of course how could they not catch Jacob and Belle's little coincidental romantic encounters with their wolf hearings and sights. 

In the midst of all this, Belle began remembering more recipes of some unique herbal medicines, but just like always she never mentioned this growth to anyone, in stead practiced her talent that she was in the process of recollecting. She reasoned with herself that she was just trying to save everyone,  especially Jacob from all the worry, but deep inside she knew that the truth was - she was scared. Scared of the unknown, or the known that she would inevitably remember one day. And it was coming. She could feel it. 

She could feel it through her nightmares, which were getting unbearable by each passing night, so much... that she began staying awake for the most of the nights until she could no more.

It was one of those nights, Belle sat by the window in her room, a blanket was thrown over her lower body as she sat staring outside from the armchair. The warmth emanating from the lit fireplace kept her comfortable. 

She was feeling sleepy, and there was this faint headache buzzing inside her skull. With time she had begun recognizing this headache and unbearable dizziness as a sign of another upcoming nightmare. She blinked rapidly to keep the sleep away, for as long as she could. But maybe she was fighting a losing battle. Right when she was about to give in, the slow and careful noise of door creaking open made her jump, it was good, the sleepiness faded.

Even before turning around, Belle knew it was Jacob. She sighed. It was weird, how she could memorize his smell in her heart. When all the other smells she could weirdly memorize now, Jacob's scent was the only one that she felt was the most special. It was an instinctive feeling.

Wordlessly Belle stared at Jacob with half closed eyes, she watched him walking towards her with a sheepish smile. 

"I thought you were awake." He said.

"I am." She spoke softly.

It was another strange thing, strange but seemed so normal in a way. The contradicting quality of everything happening was quite fascinating to Belle. It seemed like Jacob had a mental radar that kept informing him of how she was feeling each moment, and day by day, this radar was getting stronger.

With the smile still intact on her face, Belle watched Jacob settling down on the edge of her bed, that was just a couple feet away from her. 

Sighing again comfortably, Belle moved her body to a different position on the armchair, so that she could face Jacob properly now in stead of the dark forest outside the window, so that just like most of the nights they could again talk about all the things existing under the sky until the light from the fireplace dimmed. 

Right then, a faint howl came from the outside, it came from deep within the forest, from a long distance away.

"Damien's out patrolling." Jacob said, he stared at Belle's gorgeous face looking ethereal soaked in the dimly yellow light coming from the fireplace. The creamy skin invited him to caress it, Jacob felt extremely greedy to do just that, but knew better than to act upon his desires.

Belle heaved a lazy sigh. "With those friendly wolves around again? Don't you guys have any fear?"

Jacob felt another stab of guilt like always whenever he had to lie to her, and that he had to do more than often. "It's the other creatures actually who're scared of us." He said playfully and Belle smiled finding it funny.

When it was not. Jacob thought.

"Your staying awake till so long in most nights scare me, Belle." Jacob said with concern. "I don't understand why Simon didn't think of it as a sign of any disease."

"And here I thought you guys are scared of nothing." Belle said with a teasing smile.

"I'm serious here, Belle." 

When he narrowed his eyes, Belle chuckled. The tinkling noise sent shivers of pleasure down Jacob's spine. To keep himself at check, Jacob tilted his upper body sideways and laid down supporting his head on one hand with his elbow on the bed. Belle's eyes followed his slow movements as he relaxed his posture on her bed, the sight him now was erotically inviting. It made Belle want to pounce next to him under the cozy covers of her bed and take her rightful place.

Rightful place! 

Where had that come from?

"What're you thinking so hard about?" Jacob asked suddenly, breaking her string of indecent and improper thoughts.

She cleared her throat hoping he hadn't noticed how her breathing had sped up. "Just about... how much I love our late night - intellectual discussions."

Jacob smiled, pleased and ecstatic at her words, especially that "love" word. He would like to decorate that word into a different sentence with a more intense meaning. 

After staring at her with ablaze eyes for a while, he said, "We talk about just nonsense, Belle."

"Oh." Wearing a fake look of disappointment Belle said a little pouting, "You must be then find our discussions wastage of time."

"It's the opposite, Belle," He gazed deep into her eyes, his voice turned husky this time as he spoke to her sincerely, "I wait for our late night talks during the whole day. It's the most precious to me spending time with you, talking to you about everything and nothing, and even sitting quietly here without a word..." 

Belle's heart beat crazily as he paused for a second, his eyes so full of passion made her feel like she was center of his world. It was overwhelming the feelings and emotions that flowed through her. 

"...I look forward to meet you every passing second whenever I'm away, I miss you even if it's just a few minutes I pass without you."

Belle was trembling, she couldn't take it anymore. This intensity would make her drown into it's depth. 

"Jacob," She whispered looking away from his eyes, "stop."

"It's only the truth, Belle." He said simply.

Everything else was a lie, but not this. What he felt for Belle was the eternal truth, nothing was more honest than his emotions, his desire, his devotion towards this woman. He loved this woman. 

Belle had closed her eyes now, but she was still breathing heavily, her heart still refusing to show a sign to get a grip and go back to beat in it's normal rhythm. And Jacob was aware, blissfully aware of his effects on her. His mate, his everything.

_______________________________________

Tell me what you feel about this chapter. And please don't forget to vote and comment, your response is my fuel to write, so please keep them coming.

We're another step close to the inevitable. Trouble and woe is on toe. How many of you're excited? And I wanted to let you all know, that this story has got a villain. They're coming soon! (Scary face)

Take care till the upload.
Lots of love,
Lara.