Chapter 5

Hello everyone! Here's another chapter of Only Girl In The World.

Thanks to all the lovely readers and friends for voting and commenting. You're the bestest of the bestest!! :D Love yaa...

___________________________________

Damien shook his head sadly, all the others in the pack shared the same look too.

"So, you mean to say the poor girl couldn't even remember her own name?" Damien asked.

Jacob slumped back into his leather chair and nodded in positive. He stared in deep thought at the blazes in the fireplace across his large office. 

Everyone present in the room was worried and concerned after knowing the recent turn of events.

Rory was the one who now questioned with utter confusion lacing his voice, "How will we even know where she came from?"

"Well, it's good in a way," Rory's ever arguing twin brother Gory interjected immediately. "She'll never get to leave us then."

Rory smacked the back of Gory's head. "What a selfish jerk you are!"

"Hey!" Gory yelled in defense and moved away from another one of Rory's thunderous smack aiming his head. "It's not like no one's secretly thinking what I just said out loud."

Jacob's one glare at the two brothers made them stop. Despite him knowing that Gory was right, he couldn't admit it, no.

Leaning forward, Jacob rested his elbows on the desk. "Simon said, it's possible she will get back her memories slowly. But he couldn't guarantee it."

Sighing, Jacob sat straight and addressed to everyone seriously, "Just make sure not to stress her when she wakes up," Pausing for just a second, he spoke with his voice an octave high, making sure all words were very clear. "All of you must always keep an eye on her, make sure she's always comfortable and taken care of. Entertain her, keep her happy... and most importantly stress-free. I want her feeling at home in our pack, loved and cherished. So that, even if someday she remembers her past, she still accepts us then. So that, she always decides to stay with us, no matter who or what she has probably left behind."

He made sure to send a wave of alpha power in his speech so that everyone could get the seriousness of it all.

"But Jacob." Damien leaned forward and tilted his head. "You said she doesn't even remember her own name, then what do we call her?"

The same question was lingering in the back of Jacob's mind. And now after Damien had voiced the question, Jacob's mind began thinking about it with a rush, and a daze overtook him remembering the history of the Lone Hound pack. 

Jacob recalled how his father dreamily described about the last woman of this pack, Jacob's mother and the pack's last luna. To Jacob, who had no memory of his mother, the stories his father used to tell about her was no less than fairy-tale to him. The stories of his mother from his father's mouth was like a fantasy world to him that would never come alive, never turn into reality.

"Belle," Jacob whispered with a hint of thick emotion coating his tone.

Everyone present in his office had heard Jacob with their sharp wolf hearing. They watched with their own hearts filling with emotions as their alpha left the office, dismissing the meeting. 

Belle--their last luna's name. 

They wondered why Jacob had given her the name. But then, in their hearts, they already were aware of the answer. And this answer was a possibility.