Chapter 12

Dressed in Jacob's mother's old ankle length gown like dress made Belle look like a woman that came straight out of a historic novel. It was a blessing though that Jacob's mother - the late Belle's figure wasn't so different from her. But no matter what, in the eyes of Jacob and the whole pack, Belle was the most gorgeous woman ever. And they could kill if anyone said the otherwise.

As she sat in the back seat of one of the beat up trucks the pack owned, the late afternoon sun reflected off her shimmering brown hair that very much matched her twinkling eyes. Jacob did a overtake before slipping up into the truck next to her, and he had been clutching his hands into tight fists ever since. The more he spent time around Belle, the more the natural attraction he had been feeling towards her since the beginning grew inevitably. It was to the point that he could almost feel himself falling in love with her. And there was also the curious case of mate bond that was also growing in the same rate, his wolf was howling around in his head for he could now sense Belle's wolf. In her aura He could feel her wolf waiting in a state that could be called slumbering in a word. 

Simon had said it would still take some time probably for her to completely turn. But Jacob wasn't sure if he should hold Simon's words as prophecy. In Belle's case, there were just too many surprises getting revealed one by one.

As their truck started it's bumpy ride through the uneven forest path, more trucks honked crazily behind it.

Jacob groaned. 

More than half of the pack had also stuffed themselves up in several trucks, apparently they were all going to get clothes and shoes as well. 

"I can't believe I gave that much men permission to come with us!" His amused voice made Belle chuckle.

"It was so sweet of you, Jacob. I would have hated it if they were left behind, they would have felt so sad." Belle said genuinely.

Jacob couldn't help but give into his desire to hold her close, he tucked her by his side throwing one hand around her shoulder. When Belle sighed in pleasure, Jacob smirked this tiny bit secretly. His luna, his Belle liked being close to him. What could be more fantastic than that on earth?

At that moment Jacob felt both radiant and worried at the fact that his crazy wolf had laid a claim on her.

------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belle didn't know when her eyes started drooping close. She so wanted to stay awake and enjoy this warmth and sense of protection she felt of Jacob's body, she was so dazed and attentive to him sitting absolutely close to her that the bumpy car ride hardly mattered. The terrible noises this old - beat down car was making were just something minor in the background as it flew up and down with every bump, stone or hole it's tires touched. Jacob's heartbeats seemed to be more overpowering than everything else as she laid her head on his chest after a while.

And so, she dozed off to sleep soon. It was a kind of slumber that was intense in it's own weird way, but still she could hear every single sound; feel and partially decipher all the things happening around. Sleeps like this were difficult to wake up from. Then, as if it was destined, as if it was waiting for a while... a friction of some light began appearing before her. She was sucked into another world.

"Kristin." Someone called that familiar name again.

As if sprinkled by some cold water she was suddenly aware of her surroundings in this other world. A little cottage, it looked like a little cottage she was in. A pitcher was in one corner, right next to it were a plate with a lid on top of it. The lid was slightly agape from one side. Someone might have knocked it over being not careful. There were an uneaten piece of bread peeking from the gap, light fungus was coated on the bread making it known that was a few days older and was no more safe to eat.