Chapter 27 : Last Chapter and Epilogue

Despite Belle's encouraging them to come out of the bush, Seth and Victor had stayed rooted inside in their crouched down state. It was partly shock and mostly Jacob's orders that had them refuse to hop out into the light.

They were the proud spies after all!

But Belle seemed adamant on feeding them, and so Seth stuck a hand out. He shrugged seeing Victor glare hard him. Seth retorted in the mind - "Then what was I supposed to do?"

Belle huffed outside the bush. "Fine. Stay like that," with that said she handed the tray in Seth's outstretched hand sticking out of the bush.

They heard her footsteps leaving.

Now, looking down at the tray of food Seth and Victor both sighed identically. Luna cooked them steak! Their stomachs rumbled at the sight, smell and hunger intensified, their wolves were drooling at this point. It took them just a few minutes to lick the tray clean.

The steak was not the end though.

Since then, the villagers provided them dinner; snacks; water; wine and so much more. Things were kept before their bushes as though they were offerings, and Seth and Victor would stick their hands out and grab them inside.

As time passed, they also noticed something. That they couldn't anymore see any more of the confidential activities of the villagers or Belle, it could be guessed that they were doing it all purposefully out of Seth and Victor's line of sight.

Their mission was totally fucked up!

When at night, Theo put a couple of mosquito nets and hammocks before the bush while whistling away, Victor reached the borderline of his patience.

Making Theo outside and Seth inside the bush jump in shock, Victor sprung up so fast on his feet.

"This is absolutely ridiculous!" Victor bellowed, half of his body out of the bush, Seth followed suit with a sigh.

Theo grinned wide. "About time."

Almost at the same time Seth and Victor received a message from Jacob. His voice rung out disturbingly loud in their heads.

Seth's eyes widened along with Victor's. "The alpha's coming!" They murmured together.

Theo's grin faltered a bit at that but when he processed the new information it just stretched upto an even more massive one. "Same to that puppy boy as well."

-- -- --

Kristin stood by the edge of the forest, her hands clasped together, fingers wringing in impatience. The villagers waiting behind her as well, their chitter of excitement mixed with a little hesitance hazy in her ear.