Chapter 17

The rising sun had cast the entire sky, as far as she could see, with creamy reddish glow. It was the same case on earth as well. 

Stones of different sizes and shapes by the beautiful stream at the edge of their village were painted red, but unlike the gorgeous color of sun and beginning across the skies, it was the color of death upon the stones. A reminder that so many lives were taken here, lives that had families back in the village, people who loved them and waited for their return. 

She sat there, behind a tree, her eyes staring blankly towards the red stones. Her insides burning with pain and anger that came hand in hand with that pain. 

"Kristin..." The familiar wavering voice called out from behind her. 

She looked up with moist eyes to the old crinkly face that was contorted in the same agony as hers. 

"This is so unfair... so, so unfair." She choked on her words.

The old man didn't say any word of consolation, his eyes however spoke volumes. 

"We gave them everything we had, the villagers they killed were slaving for them day and night, just to stay alive everyone overlooked how they took those women. But see what happened now..." Her eyes trailed off towards the bloody stones again. 

"These monsters won't stop," She murmured now, with finality, in a firm tone. "until we stop them."

A hand was placed on her shoulder. "But Kristin, you know it's futile to fight them." The old man's already shaky voice now lowered a few notches. "You know what they're."

"They're beasts." Kristin hissed. "And they do not deserve to wander on the face of earth, they do not."

Another person appeared from her other side, a man with haunted eyes. "You're right, Kristin," His rage filled tone uttered, "they don't."

The old man gasped looking up at the man. "Theo! You know what will happen if we rebel."

"What will happen?" The man named Theo gestured towards the bloody stones. "Can't you see? Half of our people are already killed by them. Were they not the perfect slaves?" Theo heaved agitated, "Soon, they would kill us all anyway. I still can not forget the day they took Lolita, Mina, Rasel, and how can I forget when they beheaded my father, just because he couldn't supply them those damned woods in time. Even you're still bearing the marks of their whips. It's better to die fighting them than suffering like cowards and dying in the end anyway." 

Theo's eyes were red by now and the old man had his eyes closed, face scrunched up as unpleasant... unbearably painful memories came back to haunt him.

Kristin's grieving eyes still hadn't lost the pool of tears in them, but they had pushed the grievance behind a layer now and determination had formed to the forefront. The same determination that reflected from Theo's red eyes. This was the moment from when everything would change. 

~~~~~~~~~

Belle's eyes shot opened, it took her some time to realize where she was. For a moment she looked around bewildered searching for the stones, stones that were colored red. Lifting a trembling hand she wiped it across her sweaty forehead and neck, her other hand clutched her racing heart. 

Another dream, or a nightmare, or a memory! 

Her trembling legs got her out of the bed, she stumbled towards the window to push it open and breath in fresh morning air and let the serene sight of green calm her senses. The throb in her head reduced to a dull buzz of pain. Closing her eyes, she rested her temple against the wooden frame of the window. 

Only Girl In The World (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara