Chapter 8

Belle didn't know why all the people looked like they were trying to hold in their laughter the moment Jacob took his sit beside her at the table during dinner. She looked at Jacob to see he was glaring around him pretty dangerously. And did he just growled?

And then as if sensing her staring at him, Jacob shifted his suddenly soft gaze at her and covered the growl with a cough. 

"Why do you keep doing that?" Belle couldn't help but ask. 

Jacob seemed taken aback but he pulled it back together almost instantly and smiled at her. "Just caught the cold, you know - being out there in the woods the whole night..."

He dragged a glass closer to him and watched with adoration how Belle filled it with water. 

Belle looked so concerned hearing him, she reprimanded, "There're so many people in the house, you should not over exert yourself Jacob. I'll make a drink from herbs for you and you'll have to drink that, it'll be good for your throat."

She cared so much about him. Jacob felt warmth grow in his chest for this woman and he couldn't help his wolf as it purred out aloud.

"Uh... the cold." He said nervously patting his chest and watched Belle frown with more concern. She whispered something about making that drink sooner.

Jacob and his wolf couldn't help it. Since the moment she had petted his wolf in the yard this afternoon, looking that innocent and gorgeous, his wolf had been tamed by her it seemed. And it was a pretty huge thing in the world of werewolves and especially for a alpha. It was not in his genes to be tamed by someone, especially not by some recently phasing female wolf who had been not even a born wolf. 

Jacob didn't realize that he was staring mushy eyed at Belle while still purring every now and then. Belle was blushing and fiddling her fingers very much aware of Jacob's eyes on her. 

What Damien asked Belle was the thing that broke his trance. 

"Belle..." 

"Hmmm." Belle looked questioningly at Damien as he called her name  all the while attempting to make the redness from her cheeks to fade away.

"How do you remember about the herbs to make this drink you're talking about? Did you get any of your memories back?"

The men in their table - Nick, Seth and Victor along with Jacob stopped all their movements, they stared at Belle as Damien asked that. Thankfully Damien had kept his voice low so that only the people in the specific table they were sitting in could only hear. 

They watched as Belle's own face scrunched up in confusion as she realized that she had maybe just gotten back one memory. And then she was as if murmuring to herself. 

"I... when I was in the yard earlier with Nick and saw the wild plants and flowers, I recognized some of them. I don't know how but I did, and... and I knew they were the ingredients to make this herbal drink."

She began rubbing her temple with her trembling fingers trying to remember more but failing miserably. 

Worried of how she was stressing herself, Jacob placed his large hand on her cold one on the table at the same time as Nick an inch away to put his comforting hand on her shoulder. Jacob glared at the hand and then at Nick. Hesitantly and gulping Nick backed off.

Jacob wanted to be the only one to comfort Belle, no one else. 

Glaring one last time at Nick, Jacob cooed in Belle's ear as if she were a little child. "Belle, princess, no need to stress yourself. Give it time and you'll remember everything slowly."