Chapter 21

Kristin sat stunned, no emotions showing on her face.

Jacob was kneeling before the bed where she was sitting at the edge more like a statue than a living being. His head was hung in guilt. His eyes casted down on her tightly clutched hands on her lap for he couldn't look at her square in the eyes in fear what he might see there.

He had said it all. Of him being a wolf, of every person here under this roof being wolves. She already knew of how she was found in the forest and brought into his home, but she didn't know of how she was saved from the clutches of death. He spilled all out, and with immense shame of how much he had lied and ordered the others to do thus during the past months, to hide the truth. The truth of what they were and what she was becoming into. What he had made her into.

Just one small thing he had left to say though - of them being Mates.

He didn't know how much time had passed after he finally stopped speaking. But it seemed like hours.

Now, knelt on the ground before his Belle - Kristin... he waited with batted breath, and he didn't know he waited for exactly what.

What to expect now, that he didn't have any idea. Her fury? Her hatred? Her vocal abuse? Or a slap across the face?

But whatever, her reaction will be, he decided that he would debase himself to any grade by begging for forgiveness from her. Alpha status be damned. He was proving to be one heck of a stupid alpha since a long time anyway.

How many times Damien and Simon had insisted him to tell her everything? To come clean to her?

What Jacob didn't expect, at least not to be her immediate reaction was - her tears.

A drop of tear fell on the back of her stiff hand, that was soon followed by more. It were like rain drops had begun to just drizzle down on her skin. Jacob's head snapped up.

He groaned in anguish at the sight of her forlorn face. Her tears hitting straight in the middle of his heart.

"Belle!" he moved to take her tightly clutched and now wet with tears hands in his large ones. "Please, hit me, scold me," he breathed painfully as his own eyes teared up. "do anything but please say something. Please, don't cry like that."

He had thought that she would snatch her hands away from his, that she would snap now and be mad beyond limits. And he would finally grovel, do somthing and anything to have her forgive him. But she just merely sat that way, unmoving, not looking at him, and sobbing in so much grief.

When she finally spoke, Jacob felt his heart constricting in pain.

"I trusted you," she mumbled, her throat clogged up, in desbelief and in hurt. "All of you," she added a moment later.

"Please listen to me. I couldn't have let you just die..., I then feared what you would do... that you woud hate me - us if you knew..." he rambled, stammering, uncertain of - from where to start and where to end.

But she cut in, making him stop all together in a miserable way."You should have let me die then," she whispered.

He rorared,"No!" Even the thought of her dying made him want to kill someone.

She shook her head as more tears streamed down her eyes. "You've turned me into something that I hate the most."

Jacob breathed heavily. "You don't mean that, Belle."

Kristin merely pursed her lips. "Is it wrong to hate the vile creatures that have killed my people; burnt down our huts and crops as we starved; took the young boys for labor and girls to make slaves so that they can torture and get pleasure from their bodies and tears?"

Jacob had suddenly clutched his Belle's hands impossibly tight, after a momentary pause, he asked, "Is those beasts the reason for your condition how we found you?"

Despite asking that, he was already very much sure of the answer of it.

Trying to remove the image of her, bleeding and battered, barely breathing and so pale that day when he had laid his eyes on her for the first time, Jacob blinked furiously. It was proving hard for him to supress the insane wrath he felt spilling out from deep inside. His wolf was hungered to avenge his mate, and Jacob felt the same. The beasts his Belle was talking about were seriously going to pay. He promised himself.

But before that he had to mend the disastrous situation that was now.

However, what he didn't know was that the disastar had just stareted.

"Leave me alone," the coldness in her voice came first before it spread to her eyes. In an instant, she snatched her hands away from his. She flinched immediately, and shook her head, gasping out a breath.

Jacob could tell that her wolf was behind that movement of hers. Surely, because of then being mates and the bond having grown stronger with time, her wolf would dislike being away from him, more now that the wolf was fully awakened. But she didn't know that yet! And Jacob felt red panic at the back of his eyes, stinging and making his vision bour with the thought of her reaction at that.

But that was not what made his stomach drop like he had fallen from the sky and were just seconds away from meeting the ground to greet death, it was the determined look in her eyes.

He watched as if immobilized as his Belle slid past him and away from the bed, she walked near the window to gaze outside.

"It's time to end this sham," she stated in that cold tone of hers, that Jacob had never heard from her before. "I need to leave."

-- --

-- -- --

Now that our lead female has gotten back her memories, I'll call her as Kristin. Except Jacob and his gang of wolves, she's their Belle and it will always be like that. Or not? Let's see...

VOTE; COMMENT; SHARE; FOLLOW/FAN. 

Lots of love and tight hugs for reading,
Lara.

P.S: She's finally going to leave! :'( 
         And tough time will start for the both of them.