Chapter 9

An early chapter! These days I just feel like writing all day n night. There's just so many words lurking around in my head!

Thanks readers and friends for your sweetness, your votes and comments made me so happy. 

_____________________________________

After they had breakfast, Jacob had reluctantly went to his office for some paperworks. Most of them were bills and papers of the properties they had in town. The pack owned some businesses in the town by hierarchy. Regular visits by Jacob and the appointed managers - wolves and humans - had been keeping the businesses going on a beneficial pace and with a steady amount of profit over the years. 

Belle, on the other hand had felt a little disappointment when Jacob left her with Damien and Nick. She listened half-hearted as Seth and Victor were scolding Rory and Gory for the hundredth time about the broken TV. It was highly amusing how much attached this bunch of men were with the TV.

"You're looking quiet sad. Or are you bored?" Nick plopped down on the couch next to Belle. "Don't worry, Jacob's going to take you to the town this evening."

Belle straightened in apprehension. "To the town!"

Nick nodded eagerly. "He intends to buy you all the things you need from the market there - dresses and shoes and...," however, he could't say further and was cut in midway rather rudely when Damien hit Nick square on the face with a cushion. 

"You were not supposed to tell her that, you idiot!" Damien chastised him with a scoff.

Belle asked confused, "Why not?"

"Jacob just wanted to tell you that himself." Damien sighed while mumbling at the end, "He's whipped." But that end bit was unheard by Belle.

"Oh." Her confusion was still not gone but she didn't inquire them anymore. Because somehow, she could understand why Jacob wanted to interact with her so personally. She felt the same too. As if she had a different type of connection with that man that couldn't be shared with anyone else.

-------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------

When Jacob came out of the office after a good long hour, he was greeted with an unbelievable sight. From the open windows he could see both the front and backyard was getting mowed by some very excited men of his pack. 

Jacob leaned onto the window sill with amusement and interest. His gaze lingered on the array of grass, the hooping, cheering, sweaty men grinning around - a very determined Belle. Belle!

Ah. So she was behind all this.

One corner of his mouth lifted up in a smirk. His pack was never so eager, so excited working like this before when he ordered them around. Clearly, what an alpha couldn't do was done by a woman.

 Belle had whipped them to shape, it seemed.  

Hearing noises coming, Jacob walked down towards the laundry room. As he peeked inside he saw Rory and Seth were what looked like - washing the curtains. As Jacob turned around, he was yet again amazed to find Gory laughing along with Victor as the cleaned the cobwebs under the stairs. 

Jacob nodded to himself in approval. Separating Rory, Gory from each other was a wise move by Belle. But the question was how long will they be separated like this so that peace remained in the household? Jacob had tried this trick a number of times in the past, he had separated the twins from each other, only to see them thwart off that separation when he was no more noticing them and then start the fights as usual.