Chapter 25

Hands entwined behind, in a thoughtful but pleased stance Jacob stood in the middle of his front yard. Most of the men of his pack trained vigorously, some were down in the basement which had been transformed into a gym because the usual small hall they used in the past would not do anymore.

They were practicing there old battle skills that Jacob had learned from his father, the former alpha when he was alive, that was a long time ago but he had it all memorized in his heart. Though he cherished what he had gotten from his father he knew it wouldn't be enough, and thus upon his request two trainers were brought from an close-by ally pack that very morning. They would jump into action teaching the pack advanced combat skills after some rest.

From all the information gotten about the enemies, according to the spies Jacob sent out to the mountains where they had made their den across Belle's village and rumors from the other packs, made it very clear that they had a tough battle waiting ahead.

These were rogues, a large number of them, properly brainwashed and grouped up under the lead of some power hungry, evil wolves. This sadistic group of rogues chose human villages across the forest as their first target to conquer. For what, he would soon know after his second team of spies return.

And his wait ended in an hour.

Jacob began jogging towards the forest edge seeing the two men he sent appear out of the woods shaking off their cloaks and backpacks on the ground.

"Concentrate on training," he commanded to the people around him who instinctively had ceased their activities to know the obvious new information. Quickly, everyone followed Jacob's command though, they didn't find it in them to disobey their alpha not because they feared him now but because they felt infinite respect for the man who was brave enough to admit all his faults in front of them.

Jacob had the men sit on a log seeing how they were panting for breath because of the long run. The oldest one of the three began speaking, "The werehouses they've been residing in on the mountain, the biggest of them is filled with so many human hostages - at least a couple hundreds."

Jacob's face hardened. Obviously they were collecting hostages from all the villages they attacked in the surrounding areas. "What for?" he asked the most important question here.

The three men's face paled. "They are making the hostages work for them, the women are being raped but ultimately all are being changed into wolves. We already know from seeing Belle that it takes some time to change a human into a wolf."

Jacob shook in anger. "That's why they're camping over there for so many months. They're slowly making an army," he muttered in deep thought. "We need to inform other packs."

"Alpha...," The youngest of the three men sprang up when Jacob was about to turn around towards the packhouse. "There's more."

Jacob waited for him to speak impatiently, the onslaught of bad news seemed to be never ending.

"Some of Belle's villagers were also spying on them alongside us, they never saw us though. And," Jacob stilled as the man continued after a short pause. "They succeeded in killing two of the rogues who were patrolling around the mountain."

"It was surely risky," the third one of the three said after staying silent the whole time. "But ten humans against two rogue wolves was a plus point that too with all the silver coated weapon... butcher knives; blades and all that they were battling with. And they took the two rogue bodies away later after spraying some kind of potion at the spot which left no scent behind."

Jacob dragged a hand down his face. This was very smart of the humans but not good. What if the rogues got alerted or something?

The last thing the villagers and his pack needed was the loss of being able to give those filthy rogues a nice and big surprise.

"Why do I feel like there's still something more?" Jacob gritted out.

The oldest man cleared his throat, already knowing his alpha wasn't going to like it. "We caught a faint sniff of Belle's smell along with some others, I guess she had been hiding somewhere closer in the woods. The sprays they've been using made it quite impossible to locate where, everything smelt of almost woods and leaves."

Jacob groaned.

He thundered back inside the pack house after telling Jimmy to give the three men food. In no time, the whole pack was informed about the new knowledge they aquired of their enemies, to say that everyone was disgusted and angered further would be an understatement. If possible people were now training with more passion.

Jacob's mood was now permanently sour.

He was anxious; and scared and feeling on the edge thinking about Belle's safety. Knowing her, it didn't come as a surprise that she didn't sit at home while her people attacked the enemies. But it didn't sit well with him that she was so close to the rogues' den. What if she got caught?!

Perhaps the same thing that he was fearing now had happened to her in the past, that would explain how they found her on the brink of death in forest.

The only landphone was in the alpha's office. After making phonecalls from it to the closest packs, letting them know about the rogues, Jacob mind linked Damien and Nick to come to his office.

"Seth and Victor have betrayed it seems," Jacob sighed frustratedly as Damien and Nick walked in and sat across the desk, they nodded in agreement.

"That would explain everything," Damien said with a nod.

That definitely would. Jacob sighed once again. "Looks like there's no need to be stealthy anymore. I lost my spies to my luna," his lips twitched up to a hint of a smile.

"So what will we do now?" Nick asked, raising a brow.

Jacob slumped in his swivel chair. "We go sight seeing to the village, that's what we will do."

And Jacob couldn't help but feel misery coating the excitement in his heart. He and his wolf, none of them were taking the separation from their mate very well, forget - very well... they were plain pathetic without her. Now that he was going to see her again, he felt his inner self weaken as the fear of rejection from her again conflicted cruelly with all the positivity he had developed within.

-- -- --

Luna has some tricks up her sleeve as well, and obviously in the next chapter we will know about them. 

So, did you guys enjoy reading this chapter? Let me know, huh. :)

Thanks to all you lovely people who've been voting and commenting! *hugs... You really make me feel soooo happy, keep on VOTING and COMMENTING. Share this story so that your friends can enjoy it as well, follow/fan me to know whenever and whatever I updt through notifications. 

Will updt the next one soon, take care till then.
Love,
Lara.