Chapter 11

Simon continued ignoring Jacob's shocked state. "Usually a wolf doesn't mark anyone without his human side's permission, but I've a theory for this. You see, as alpha... your wolf could very well sense how towards doom our pack is going without any female, especially without a luna."

Great! His wolf was a secretive moron. 

Jacob felt a headache rising. "And so the stupid wolf had to sink it's teeth and mark the first and only woman he found!" Jacob flinched when his wolf whimpered inside feeling insulted.

Simon sat down before Jacob on another chair. "I don't think he had done it going against your human side totally."

"What do you mean?" Jacob asked.

"Your human side had to have been attracted to Belle since the beginning, your wolf might have sensed it subconsciously and decided to do what he did. The more she's changing to her wolf now, the more her bond to you is getting stronger, that's the reason of such abnormal rise of her body temperature."

Jacob closed his eyes hearing Simon. He was attracted to Belle since beginning, that was as true as the existence of the sun and the moon. But surprising was what his wolf did being all political, secretive and insensitive to Belle. Now he had another secret to reveal to her. He would have to tell her about the existence of werewolves, her turning to a werewolf and also her being his mate now.

Jacob had not only turned Belle to a wolf, he had also marked her as his mate without her permission... without her knowing a damn thing. Would she ever be able to forgive him? They both were now stuck to each other for eternity now, it wasn't like Jacob was unhappy with being stuck with her, but what about Belle? It would absolutely kill him if she hated him forever for this.

Jacob groaned thinking about how Belle would react. What if she hated him? Better to keep the secret intact for as long as he could. She would definitely understand when the time comes, wouldn't she? 

---------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This time around when Belle opened her eyes, she wasn't feeling the burning feeling inside her anymore. She was feeling good, too much good apparently. There was no headache, no floating feeling, no dizziness.

Belle sat up on the bed and looked around. There, Jacob's head was hanging at an odd angle from the headrest of the chair. He was still sitting by her bedside looking worse than before. Belle felt an urge to touch him, to be near him. She had felt a connection to him from before, but now, what she was feeling for him... was far stronger that she could barely handle it. She lifted a hand to touch his face, grab him and kiss those thin lips. Belle jerked back in surprise, her own thoughts were scaring her now. What the hell was happening to her?

Belle crunched her nose and breathed heavily. Jacob's scent, it was making her head swirl in lustful thoughts. She shook her head crazily to clear them. Throwing her feet from the other side of the bed she stood up and was in for yet another surprise.

It was amazing how she felt... better than ever, so powerful and confident.

In a confused state, glancing one last time at a still sleeping Jacob, Belle walked into the attached bathroom.

Belle stood in front of the mirror. She touched her face, her hair... she looked different. She looked healthier, looking in the mirror she felt like her reflection was glowing.

Hurriedly Belle sprinkled some water on her face, but her reflection remained the same when she looked up. This illness or whatever this was she had gone through, this was supposed to make her look sick, not healthier that before.