Pay Back

Katy Perry peeked around the corner, her body covered in light pink strapless dress, with jewels scattered into the fabric. “RiRi!”

“Katy!” she grinned, taking her into a hug, “I’m so glad you could make it!”

“I’m so glad I could come. I mean, if it’s for charity…” she laughed, placing a hand over her heart.

“Oh yes, anything for charity!” Rihanna giggled. She looped her hand back around my waist.

“Rihanna,” Russell Brand appeared behind Katy, tipping his hat towards my girlfriend.

“Russell,” Rihanna grinned, curtsying slightly.

“You remember Nikki, right?” Rihanna said, pushing my forward a bit.

“Yes, of course!” Katy said, embracing me. I hugged the popstar back, grinning.

“So, when are we getting together for drinks?” Rihanna said, smiling.

“I don’t know! I gotta hit the studio this week, but I’m free on Thursday, I think…” Katy laughed, “I’m so damn busy, it’s insane.”

“Same!” Rihanna laughed. The doorbell rang and Melissa’s voice followed, “I’ll get it!”

I craned my neck to see who was at the door. All I could see was blonde hair.

“Kyle!” Melissa said, hugging him.

My stomach knotted, and I wrapped my arm around Rihanna.

“So, since you’re like my best friend, please don’t freak when I tell you,” Rihanna begged, grabbing Katy’s wrist. Russell floated away from the conversation, fishing out the alcohol.

“We’re dating.” She said, smiling, biting her lip.

“Whose ‘we’re’?” Katy said, looking between the two of us. “Oh.” She said, nodding. “I get it. Well, congratulations!” she smiled.

Rihanna sighed, “Fuck I was so nervous about that.”

“I’m you’re best friend- c’mon! I’ll accept you even if you we’re a Smurf!” she laughed.

“Why the fuck a smurf?” Rihanna laughed.

“I just wrapped up the movie so smurfs’ on the brain…” she shrugged. “Ah, shit. Gotta go get the hubby awayyyyyy from the liquor.” She left on mission to find Russell.

“Well, one down!” Rihanna cheered.

I grinned, “Only like, the entire world left to go!”

“Not helping.” She slapped me playfully. Kyle entered her line of vision then as more people filled into her house.

“Kyle!” she sang, walking towards him. I reluctantly followed.

“Hey, babe!” he grinned, walking towards her, hugging her. “Hi, Nikki.”

“Hi Kyle.” I said, briskly meeting his eyes.

“So, I gotta go make my rounds and find more booze. I’ll be back!” she said, kissing me quickly before leaving me alone with Kyle.

“Hey, Nikki,” he said quickly after RiRi left, “I’m sorry about last night. I was way out of line, and completely shitfaced, and I’m so sorry.”

I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck, “You’re right. You were shitfaced. Still are.”

“Nikki,” he said as I began to leave, “Let me make it up to you.”