Too Drunk to Care

We were standing in towels on the patio, all lined in front of Mama Fenty.

"...and ya guys are ruinin' dis party by swimmin' in ya clothes." Mama Fenty continued with our scolding, "The sixth year of tha' party, and ya guys are makin' a mess of it."

"Sorry Mama," Ri murmured amongst the others' apologies.

"Ya'll go get changed an' stay upstairs. Party's almost ova now anyways, and ya need your rest." Mama Fenty said, her tone of voice becoming sweeter. "Now all ya, go. I wan' talk to ma children."

I unlaced my fingers from Ri's grip, and me, Melissa, Angel and the others walked inside. 

Mama Fenty was right. As we paraded down the hallway in towels, there was a significant drop in the number of people at the party. Maybe about only twenty or so guests stayed, talking to each other.

Melissa started laughing, "Well shit. Mama Fenty 'asn't scolded like that since Ri first came back 'ome and had an attitude. Bein' all famous and shit."

I laughed, "She really got like that?"

"Oh big time!" Melissa said as we rounded the corner to the stairs, "An' Mama set 'er straight!"

"I'm actually kinda surprised," I said as we walked upstairs.

As we reached the top of the stairs, I heard laughter and the sound of feet running upstairs behind us. I turned as saw Ri sprinting up the stairs with Rajad, her eyes locked on me. She crashed into me, hugging and kissing me.

"Mama wanted me to tell ya that," she air quoted, "I'm not mad at Nikkir or tha' others. Mainly you three cause ya'll know better. But Nikki looked pale as a ghost when I was talkin' to ya'll, so tell 'er that'."

I giggled, "I wasn't afraid or anything... I think the alcohol is makin' an appearance." Now that I stopped and realized it, I totally felt a headache coming on.

"Well, that was fun ya'll." Melissa grinned, following Angel to the guestroom.

"Ay that's our room!" Ri shouted.

"Yeah, yeah. We're jus' changin' then we'll be out. We leavin' wit my 'rents!" Melissa called over he shoulder.

Ri and I sat at the top of the stairs, clad in our wet dresses and towels as we waited for Melissa and Angel.

"So what'd your mom say to your guys?" I asked as she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Just that we knew better, and that she didn't really care. She's just tired and wanted people to leave, so she figured that if she 'punished' us, then people'd get that tha' party's ovah." she sighed, "Shit, tha' booze be catchin' up to me."

"Oh, same here. I feel a headache comin' on." I murmured.

From our spot at the top of the stairs, we has a perfect view of the door and the guests leaving through it. It was dark upstairs so no one saw us spying on them.

About ten minutes later, after hearing the blow dryer clicking on and off in our room, Melissa and Angel emerged.

"Well, we be off." Melissa said as we stood up.

"Bye ya'll. We're goin' snorkelin' tomorrow if ya wanna come." Ri mentioned.

"Oh, maybe!" Angel grinned. "If we're not too hungover." 

We hugged Melissa and Angel at the top of the stairs and then we left them as they descended.

Walking into our room, I watched Ri unzip her dress in front of me. She took her thong off next and walked over to the bed, falling onto it face down, naked.