Chapter Thirty Two: Having Some Fun

After working all day with Caitlin, I'm at Sarah's cabin. We're sitting in the swing, just relaxing when she walks up.

"Have a seat and join us," Sarah says. She sits down on the porch and remains silent for a moment. She looks like she wants to talk. "What's on your mind girl?"

"My Mom left me when I was sixteen. One morning I found a note and a cell phone saying she would call one day.  I'm still waiting for that call. I've basically been taking care of myself. My Stepdad didn't care about me and I have no true friends."

She pauses for a moment, then continues, "Now total strangers have rescued me from men intending to kidnap me and have given me a safe place to stay. No one has ever cared this much about me before."

Sarah smiles, "You're welcome. If we didn't help and care about each other, who would?"

Caitlin turns to me, "I'm sorry if I was acting difficult today. Will you keep helping me?"

"She's coming around," I think.

"We all will, if you decide to stay with us," I say.

She looks at the ground, then turns to me, "I think I could hangout here for a while."

Sarah gets up and gives her a hug, "Great! I promise you won't regret it."

Sarah sits back down beside me. After a moment I notice Caitlin's still looking at me.

"I know you have something else on your mind. What is it?" I ask.

"Can you really lift a car?" She asks curiously.

Sarah and I laugh.

"After I found out I was Telekinetic, Sheila helped me learn to use my ability without emotions. Just like you it was hard to do at first. It took me a while before I lifted a car and that was only a few inches off the ground."

Caitlin thinks about that for a moment, "I'm sure you've gotten stronger since then," she looks at me a little puzzled, "Just how powerful are you?"

Sarah and I exchange a glance, "I can do a little more now."

Caitlin looks away for a moment.

"I just can't imagine me doing that."

"Everyone is different. One day maybe you can. It all depends on each person.  Don't ask me why."

She looks like she's in deep thought, "Can you show me some of what you can do?"

I look at Sarah, she nods her head, "Alright, let's take a walk."

We go to the new training area for Movers where Maxwell has brought in some different items from a junk yard. They range from old tires up to a couple of junk cars. As we arrive, she takes it all in...

"What do you want to see?"

"Anything," she answers a little excited.

I turn back toward the area, and I have a thought. Turning to look at her I use my thoughts and Caitlin begins to levitate into the air. She screams for a second as she rises, then starts to laugh.

"Go higher," she says.  So, I do. I lift her up to about fifteen feet.

"Oh my God! I feel like I'm flying," she says.

Sarah walks over to me laughing. I glance at her, grin and lift her into the air as well. She tries to grab me as she levitates upward.

"Kyle!" She shouts as I lift her to the same height as Caitlin. They grab each other's hands as I slowly spin them in a circle. They're laughing, and so am I. After a few minutes, I gently let them back down.