Chapter Thirty Four: Kyle's Discovery

Special Unit Operations Center...

Dr Keller's in his office and has pulled up all files on William and Kyle.  His secretary comes in and gives him the police report on the armored car incident.  As he's examining the report he notices it occurred in Fayetteville, Tennessee.

"That's very close to Greenville."  He grabs William's case file and after studying the information he makes a call. 

"Special Agent White."

"This is Keller. Get a team ready, heavily armed and get them in striking distance of Greenville,Tn. I want them to be no more than thirty minutes out and be sure to keep them out of sight.  I need this done within the hour. I also want plain clothed agents in Franklin and all surrounding counties looking for William and Kyle. Tell them not to engage, I simply want intelligence at this point. Once we find them I'll send in the strike team."

"Sir, do you think they're really working together?" 

"I don't think so.  Maxwell's group has never helped criminals, only other Paranormals, but these locations are too close together to be a coincidence." 

"Yes sir. I'll get right on it." Agent White hangs up.

Greenville, Tennessee... Same time as Sarah's vision....

Caitlin has been picked up by her mom Leslie, at the bus stop and she drives them back to the warehouse.  As they get out of the car, William walks outside and both turn to him. 

Her mother holds her by the shoulder, "Caitlin, I have a surprise for you.  This man is your father, William."  Caitlin stares at him dismayed. 

"Hello Caitlin and welcome to your new family," William says.

"You're really... my Father?" 

"Yes I am, and I'm glad to finally be with you." Caitlin still can't believe it. She's speechless. 

William walks over and gently hugs her, "I've heard wonderful things about you.  Leslie's told me you're a very special girl and that you have a gift.  Is this true?" 

She hesitates and he notices, "Don't worry."  He looks over at an old crate sitting against the building and it lifts into the air.  Caitlin gasps and her Mother closes her eyes and shudders.

"See... Now tell me, are you telekinetic as well?"

"Yes, at least that's what I've been told." 

He smiles, "Who told you this?" 

"Mr Maxwell.  His group saved me from being kidnapped by government agents.  They took me to their compound and Kyle helped teach me to at least partially control my ability. When Mom called I was there." 

"So that's why they were in Colorado.  Maxwell actually did me a favor," he thinks.

"I'm glad they helped you," he says and places his arm around her. "Let's go inside so we can get to know each other," he glances at Leslie, "and you can tell me everything that's happened. I'd like to know more about this nice boy Kyle that helped you and everything he can do."

Oregon, Maxwell's compound...

After our meeting Sarah, Sheila and I are sitting on Sarah's porch.  They know I'm deeply troubled over Caitlin and the whole situation.  In the last few months my Mom was killed, and I've killed at least three people. It was self defense, but I still killed them... 

I've learned my Father is still alive and is a murderer. I've also found out I have a half-sister who is now with my Father and she probably doesn't know what he is.  I know the Special Unit is looking for both of them. They're after William for obvious reasons, and Caitlin just because of what she can do.  So... what do I do?