Excerpt

Hearing movement in the darkness we turn to see her slowly stand and face us.

'She looks pissed, But... I... Am... Too,' I think as I stare her down.

We glare at each other and an evil grin appears on her face. "You, are going to regret that." As she lifts her arms out away from her sides, a ball of fire appears in each hand.

"Run," I shout to Sarah.

As she darts away Tracey throws her hand out and a stream of fire leaps toward her.  Using my thoughts I concentrate and the fire stops like it hits a wall just in time for Sarah to escape.

She stops her attack, turns back to me and smiles.  "Do you really think you can save her?  I promise you that before I'm done your precious girlfriend will be dead."  Throwing out both hands two streaks of fire leap forward. Raising both hands the flames stop about a foot in front of my hands.  At this distance the invisible wall I've put up holds until she stops. 

Like a banshee she screams and begins to run toward me.  Using my thoughts lift her several feet into the air.  As I'm holding her, she screams again and throws stream at me.  Holding her with one hand, I block the flames with the other.  She concentrates harder and I begin to feel the heat piercing the shied I've put up.

Focusing my thoughts I throw her back through the air and she hits the ground rolling to a stop.  As I try to recover, I see her stagger to her feet and I notice that even her eyes are glowing red. 

'I've got to end this. If she gets past me she'll kill everyone.'

Closing my eyes for a few seconds I build up my power.  Opening them I stand before her waiting... as she slowly approaches.