Ch.4: Who are you?

Chapter 4:

John and Sherlock leave today for Baskerville; a demon hound of some kind is tormenting the people that live there so they have gone to sort it out. While I do believe in demon hounds, I do not believe that man saw one. The hellish creatures will rip you apart in seconds and they certainly do not reside in England.

The killer we were investigating has gone quiet for weeks, so we have moved on to other cases in the meantime. I still go out at night and search for the killer from time to time though.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" John asks again as he and Sherlock are ready to leave.

I nod and shoo them out,"Yes, now go on before you miss your train."

He frowns at me but lifts his suitcase,"Do not get into trouble, do you here me? Sara, I mean it!" he warns.

I let out a sigh and cross my arms,"I will be fine. I will look after the flat and keep your beds warm," I glance at the consulting detective,"Especially yours, Sherlock," I tease.

He narrows his eyes at me and strides over once John has left. "Don't go in my room!" he growls.

I smirk,"I may invite Mycroft over and have a slumber party."

"I hate you," he mutters.

I kiss his cheek,"I know you do. Now run along."

He gives me a small smirk, then leaves.

I let out a breath and turn to look out the window. The sun will soon set, then I will be off.

After the night I slept with Sherlock...wow that sounds awful, everything went back to normal. They both dropped the Tom thing and we got on with solving cases and such.

Sherlock and I have grown closer. I think he has accepted the fact that I will not tell him my secrets until I'm ready and that he has no other way to figure them out. We bond over cases and our intellect. Hah, I wonder what he would think if he knew my intellect came from hundreds of years of experience and learning.

~

John and Sherlock returned from their case in only a couple days and we set back into our normal ways.

No more murders have happened so Sherlock has been taking other cases, I have been helping him and John with them to keep busy. It is quite fun.

We recently solved the Reichenbach mystery and became quite famous for it. Well Sherlock became famous, he is the one that solved most of it. But John and I get attention as well, me more than him. I am the mysterious girl that works with the infamous duo. I mostly get asked if I am Sherlock's girlfriend, as if!

"What kind of hat even is this?!" Sherlock grumbles as he looks over the present he got from Lestrade. I actually helped him pick it.

"It is a deerstalker," I tell him as I lounge on the couch.

He is pacing the room while John sits next to me on the couch reading through the newspaper.

"Some sort of...death frisbee?" he pretends to through the hat.

I giggle and glance at John. "What are you reading?"

"They've given us name you know," he tells me,"Boffin Sherlock Holmes, and Mysterious Sara Knightly."

I smile at that,"Ooh, I quite like that."

"Yours is on page five, John," Sherlock tells him as he fiddles with the hat. He takes down the ear flaps and his eyes widen in realization,"It's an ear hat!"