Ch.18: The Bloody Guardsman

Chapter 18:

Sara's POV:

"Schedule the organ music to begin at precisely 11.48."

"But the rehearsal's not for another two weeks," Mary tells Sherlock,"Just calm down."

"Calm?" Sherlock scoffs,"I am calm. I'm extremely calm."

We are all currently in the flat 221b, planning John and Mary's wedding. Well, Mary and Sherlock are, John and I are just watching in amusement at how serious Sherlock is taking everything. I'm surprised he is even helping, but I think it is because he knows that once the wedding is over he will not see John or Mary as much. He would never admit it, but he is anxious about the wedding and how everything will soon change.

Mary sighs,"Let's get back to the reception, come on."

They go on to talk about where they are going to sit people and who of John's friends hate Mary.

I lean back in Sherlock's chair and sip my cup of blood, humming in contentment. I love when we all spend time together.

"Priceless painting nicked," John hums as he looks down at his phone,"Looks interesting."

Sherlock and Mary ignore his obvious attempt to gain their attention.

"Table four ..." Mary mumbles, looking down at some paperwork.

"Done," Sherlock says.

"'My husband is three people'," John chuckles as he continues to read some case on his phone.

"Table five?"

Sherlock looks at a list of names,"Major James Sholto. Who is he?"

"Oh, John's old commanding officer," Mary exclaims,"I don't think he's coming."

"He'll be there," John says surely.

Mary frowns,"Well, he needs to RSVP, then."

"He'll be there," John says firmly.

Mary just hums and looks back at her papers.

"'My husband is three people'," John reads off his phone again,"It's interesting. Says he has three distinct patterns of moles on his skin."

"Identical triplets – one in half a million births," Sherlock quickly says,"Solved it without leaving the flat. Now, serviettes." He squats down beside the coffee table, reaches under it and pulls out a tray with two serviettes folded into different shapes. He gestures to them as he looks up at Mary. "Swan, or Sydney Opera House?"

Mary looks surprised,"Where'd you learn to do that?!"

"Many unexpected skills required in the field of criminal investigation ..." Sherlock says looking down.

Mary glances at me and smirks then back to the sociopath,"Fibbing, Sherlock."

"I once broke an alibi by demonstrating the exact severity of ..." he continues.

"We can both tell when you're fibbing," I chime in with a smile and take a sip of my drink.

Sherlock lets out a exasperated sigh,"Okay – I learned it on YouTube."

I almost do a spit take as I start to laugh.

"Opera House, please," Mary says then moves into the kitchen to take a call.

Sherlock frowns at me as I start to cough on my drink. I shake my head, still coughing, and stand to go into the kitchen to clean my face of any blood that I spit out.

Mary and John are whispering in the kitchen about Sherlock as I wipe my face clean of blood.

"He's terrified," Mary tells her soon to be husband.