Ch. 41: I don't need him

Chapter 41:

3rd person POV:

Sherlock sits in his room, eyes closed, and hands steepled.

It has been hours since Sara left, not that Sherlock would have noticed. He has been sulking in his mind palace ever since his and Sara's fight.

A beeping sound breaks his meditative state. He glances to his bedside table where his phone sits. Debating for a second if he should look at it, he decides to in case it is Sara.

He reaches over an grabs his phone, then looks over the text sent by an unknown number.

'Come and find her. -M' The text says with an address at the bottom.

He grits his teeth and glares at the phone. Standing, he strides to his closet to change.

~

"Are you sure she is in danger?" John questions,"I thought you two were taking a break?"

"Break? Who said that?"

"...Sara did."

Sherlock narrows his eyes then shakes his head,"Nevermind that. Sara is in danger! I need to find her!"

"But-"

"You don't get it!" Sherlock suddenly shouts,"I cannot live without her! She is like a drug to me, addicting, and dangerous," he gazes off and says softly,"She keeps me sane."

John slowly walks to him and pats his shoulder,"We will find her. Now, let's look for some clues."

Sherlock nods and they get into a cab.

"Have you tried to call her?"

"Of course I have," Sherlock snorts,"She didn't answer. I also called Mycroft but he said he hasn't heard from her since she left his office."

"She went to see him?"

"Apparently. I didn't bother to ask why."

John hums,"Well she must have went there after talking to me," he glances at his friend,"So, how are you? After the fight and all that."

"There was no fighting," Sherlock says evasively as he stares out the window. 

John raises an eyebrow and turns his gaze to his window,"That's not what she said..."

Sherlock ignores him and they soon arrive at the address. 

As soon as they exit the cab, Sherlock darts into the building after smelling blood. Quickly moving past John to the source, he finds himself upstairs in a large room, a body on the ground with blood pooling around it. He covers his nose and steps forward to examine it.

John eventually arrives and frowns at the body,"Did you find anything?"

Sherlock shakes his head in frustration,"Nothing. There must be a clue, I was sent here for a reason."

Just then, Greg and Anderson enter the room. Greg looking a bit apprehensive to be near Sherlock, he still doesn't know how to feel about him after finding out he is a vampire.

Sherlock groans at the sight of them,"Oh what are you two doing here?"

"I called them," John pipes up. He gestures to the body,"Thought they should know about this, dead body and all."

"How did they arrive so quickly?"

John raises an eyebrow at him,"I called them after you answered my question,  you just stood there staring at the body for about ten minutes thinking about god knows what."