Ch.43: I need a vacation

Chapter 43

Sara's POV:

My heart beats frantically as I wait for pain ...but it never comes.

I blink my eyes open and am surprised to see Moriarty on the ground before me, a bullet wound in his temple. I hear thuds around me and look up to see Moriarty's men dropping like flies as Sherlock quickly snaps their necks. I then feel someone come up behind me and proceed to take off my hand cuffs.

I look behind me and frown,"John?"

"Your boyfriend is an asshole, just so you know," he mutters as he gets me free.

I sigh,"What did he do?"

John just shakes his head,"He should just be glad that Mary is very forgiving."

I nod, wondering what went on while I was captured. "What happened to Moriarty?"

"I shot him. Luckily he wasn't expecting me," John answers.

I quickly pull him into a tight hug. "Thank you," I whisper. I would be the one dead on the ground right now if not for John.

Sherlock walks over to me and kneels in front of me, looking me over for any injuries,"Are hurt anywhere?" he asks concerned.

I release John and shake my head before launching myself into his arms. He holds me tight and buries his face in my hair.

"I almost lost you," he whispers.

I squeeze my eyes shut to keep them from watering,"I'm here, I'm safe now."

I hear a pain filled groan come from behind me. I pull away from Sherlock to look behind me. Tom is starting to wake.

"Ugh, my head," he groans as he slowly sits up. His eyes snap open and he looks around frantically,"Sara-" he spots me and relief floods through him. He then frowns as he casts his gaze around the room,"...What happened?"

I explain that he was drugged and Mortisrty is dead now. He looks angry, probably mad at Moriarty for drugging him.

"Why were you helping him?" I question,"What was the deal?"

He closes his eyes snd rubs his head while wincing,"...The deal was that if I brought him Sherlock, then he would spare you," he looks at me with regretfilled eyes,"Please understand that I was only looking out for you-"

"You gave up your own brother."

He sighs,"I love you, Sara. I cannot live without you."

I look away and clench my hands into fists,"You still should have done something else. Told us. Anything! We could have came up with a plan-"

"I told him about rippers, lied to him that it was a secret way for a vampire to become invincible," Tom explains,"I had hoped he would succumb before the final showdown, but I did not anticipate him ending the game so soon. Please understand-"

"It doesn't matter now," Sherlock interrupts,"Moriarty is dead, for good this time. Let's just head back home." He looks exhausted, not so much physically, but more so emotionally.

I nod and he helps me stand.

"Sara, wait!" Tom pleads as he tries to stand, but he is having difficulty from the aftereffects of the drug.

"Why don't you go see Mycroft," I suggest,"He needs to be told of what happened so he can clean up the bodies."

Tom looks crestfallen, knowing that I don't want to be near him right now. He clears his throat,"Of course," he murmurs softly before sending his brother a glare.

Sherlock and I exit the warehouse with John.

"Glad this is finally over," John sighs.

I nod,"I need a vacation."

"I'm bored."

I roll my eyes at my child-like boyfriend. "Oh, and what happened with Mary?" I question,"You mentioned Sherlock did something but did not say what."

Sherlock tenses next to me.

"Sherlock!" I warn.

"It wasn't that big of a deal-"

"Wasn't that big of a deal?!" John says outraged,"You fed on my pregnant wife!"

I gasp and smack Sherlock's arm. He growls,"She is fine! I only took a liter or so of blood, nothing more than a phlebotomist would take. And why do you always bring up that she is pregnant? We can all obviously see that."

"I bring it up because she is carrying my child inside her and your antics are dangerous to the both of them!" John fires back.

"Plenty of expecting mothers give blood, John!"

I drone out their bickering as we enter a cab.

I love when they do things like this, reminds me that we will always be a family, no matter where we live now or how little we see of each other sometimes. They will always be my Baker Street boys.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This story is not yet done, I am going to continue on through Sherlock Season 4 so stay tuned :)

Comment!

Vote!

Fan!