Ch.34: It actually happened

Chapter 34:

Sara's POV:

Sherlock wakes suddenly with a gasp and shoots up off of the couch. I run to his side and lay my hand on his shoulder, he flinches and stares at me with crimson eyes.

I frown,"Sherlock, how are you feeling?" I ask him softly.

His chest is moving fast as he hyperventilates,"S-stay back!" he falls off of the couch and scuttles back into a corner of the room.

John and Tom rush into the room, but I stop them,"Wait. He is unused to the elevated senses of a vampire. Take it slow, and try not to spook him."

Sherlock looks around the room almost fearfully, then squeezes his eyes shut and grips his head. "So many sounds, scents..." he then shouts,"I can't THINK!"

I slowly approach him,"Yes, that is how it will be for a week or so. It is only temporary," I try to calm him down but fail to do so.

"And this beating noise!" Sherlock exclaims through gritted teeth as he stands, starting to pace,"It is as if I can feel the blood pumping through everyone around me. It is all I can think about!" He suddenly punches his fist through the wall in frustration.

Mrs.Hudson enters the flat with a shocked look on her face. "Sherlock! What have you done to my wall?!"

"NOT NOW, MRS.HUDSON!" he shouts at her, causing her to leave rather quickly.

John gives him a look of disappointment which Sherlock ignores, choosing to focus his glare on me.

His new blood red eyes burning into mine. "You!" he snarls, striding toward me. "You have ruined me!"

"You would have died!" John tells him.

Sherlock ignores him still and grips my shirt, pulling me roughly to his chest. "You have ruined my mind!" He growls,"All I can think about is killing everyone in this building and drinking them dry!"

I gulp, starting to rethink my decision to turn him.

Tom darts into the kitchen and returns with a blood bag. "This will take off the edge," he tells his brother.

Sherlock catches scent of the blood and quickly snatches the bag from his hand and flits to his room.

Once he is out of sight, we all breath a sigh of relief.

I run my hand through my hair and take a seat in Sherlock's chair.

John sits in front of me in his chair. "....Don't listen to him," he tells me,"Sherlock is just confused and in shock. He doesn't mean it."

I crack a weak smile,"It's Sherlock, you learn to not take to heart a lot of the shit he says."

I had a feeling Sherlock might react this way, but it still hurt to see him blame me. This was the only way to save him... at least that is what I tell myself.

I watch Tom from across the room, feeling much the same as I did when I turned him all those years ago. No human is fit to be a vampire, it is a curse and a terrible thing to pin upon someone. I did this to them.

~

I knock lightly on the door. "Sherlock?" I call. It is almost three in the morning, Sherlock has been in his room since five.

I slowly open the door and find Sherlock curled up on his bed, eyes shuts, hands covering his ears.

"...Oh, Sherlock," I sigh and walk to him. I sit beside him on the bed. "You cannot go through this alone," I tell him,"I did and it was an awful experience. John, Tom, and I are here to help you."

"I don't need help," he growls.

I let out a frustrated sigh and grab his hands from his ears, pinning him down on the bed so he has to pay attention to me. "You do, so stop trying to do the lone wolf thing you always do!"

He glares up at me,"Why not go back to Tom? He is the one you love, isn't he?" he snarls.

I frown confused,"What are you taking about? I love you, Sherlock. Why can't you just accept that? Tom is my friend, nothing more!"

His eyes soften and return to their natural blue color. He closes his eyes and finally gives in,"...Help me."

I smile softly and release his arms, moving to sit beside him. "Okay, first thing is to focus your mind. Meditation is the most effective way for newly turned vamps to focus," I explain,"Close your eyes and try to shut out everything but your own thoughts. Forget about all the sounds, scents, just focus on your breathing and go into your mind palace."

He takes in a deep breath and steeples his hands under his chin. His brow wrinkles as he tries to concentrate.

"Relax," I whisper as I smooth down his brow with my fingers, then running my hands through his curly locks.

His breathing evens and he relaxes fully. I eventually stop stroking and lay back next to him.

We lay together for hours, just relaxing in the silence.

"Do vampires sleep?" his deep voice breaks me from my meditation state.

I don't bother to open my eyes,"We do. You have seen me sleep before," i remind him.

He hums in acknowledgement.

I smile softly,"We need less sleep than humans, though I like to indulge in it more than others. I see it as a luxury," I open one eye and glance at him,"Though I am sure you would stay awake indefinently if you could."

His lips curve in a smirk,"You would be correct. That is an experiment I will have to conduct," his eyes snap open,"There are so many experiments I can do now!" he says excitedly.

I giggle,"All the things Tom and I wouldn't let you do on us."

We lay in silence once more.

"...Sherlock?"

"Yes?"

I roll on my side to look at him,"Who hurt you? Where did you go off to when Tom and I went out looking for the murderer?"

He stares up at the ceiling,"I couldn't just sit and wait for the killer to do something, so I went to my contacts and tried to get information. I was led into a trap and next thing I know, I was stabbed. I was able to stanch the blood long enough to make it back here."

I let out a sigh and rub my face,"You should have gone straight to the hospital."

"I would have rather seen you one last time then have a chance of dying and not seeing you ever again."

I am stunned into silence by his words.

"I also assumed if my wound was truly life threatening then you would be able to save me by turning me into a vampire. I was right."

I roll my eyes and punch his shoulder.

He merely smirks and closes his eyes,"Think on the bright side, now you have another vampire to help with the search for the murderer."

Sherlock as a vampire, I can't believe it actually happened.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________