Ch.15: I know how to dance...

Chapter 15:

Once outside, I breathe in the cold night air.

'I shouldn't have fed from him. This is a mess now. What am I going to tell Tom?'

I run my hands over my face and let out a sigh before walking to my flat.

'Tom is busy, I shouldn't bother him over this. Knowing that his younger brother is apparently in love with me would not go well with him.'

As I walk, I think of the things Sherlock said to me. About loving Tom.

'Of course I love him. I would not be with him if I didn't. ...But what of Sherlock is right? If I really loved him, I wouldn't have left. But that's the thing, I thought I left 'because' I love him. I wanted to keep him safe from me.

I never thought of Sherlock as anything more than a friend... well there were times, but I never thought he would ever feel the same. I thought he couldn't, to be honest. Now he comes back into my life, saying he is in love with me? What the hell am I supposed to do? What do I think?'

I shake my head. 'I don't want to think about this. Tom and I are fine tother, Sherlock is alive, and John is getting married. Nothing else matters.'

~

A couple weeks have passed and things are gotten back to normal. John and I accompany Sherlock on cases like old times, we get into trouble, but we solve them in the end.

Sherlock hasn't brought up that night since. Hasn't mentioned the kiss, or even tried for another one. I am thankful for this, but I find it a bit concerning that we are just going to forget it happened. Maybe Sherlock has just moved on and accepted that I am with his brother.

I am currently in the kitchen on Sherlock's flat, stocking the fridge with blood bags Molly has gifted Sherlock and I for what she thinks are 'experiments'. I have moved into the flat to help with he rent since John doesn't live here anyone, plus it seemed pointless to pay for my own flat when I am over here most of the time anyway. And since things with Sherlock and I are back to normal, living with him hasn't been bad.

Sherlock is pacing around the living room, muttering about who knows what. I have learned to ignore it and leave him be when he is like this.

I hear footsteps rushing up the stairs and the door to the flat slams open.

"What's going on?" I hear Lestrade ask breathlessly.

I frown and walk into the room. "What's up Greg?" I ask.

He frowns and looks at me,"I got Sherlock's text."

Sherlock sits and stares at his laptop,"This is hard."

"What is?" Greg questions.

I grab Greg's phone and look at his texts.

"Really hard," Sherlock groans,"The hardest thing I've had to do."

Sherlock: HELP.

BAKER ST.

NOW.

HELP ME.

PLEASE

I frown at the text and glance up to see Sherlock showing Greg a book,"Have you any funny stories about John?"

I bow my head,"Oh Sherlock..."

Greg stares at him, jaw slack in disbelief while sounds of police cars, an ambulance, and helicopter ring outside the flat.

"What?!" Lestrade roars.

Sherlock looks up at him,"I need anecdotes." He frowns,"Didn't go to any trouble, did you?"