Ch.9: He's back!!

Chapter 9:

3rd person POV:

Currently in Mycroft's hidden office, Sherlock sits in a chair having his wounds attended to and his face shaven.

"What about John Watson?" he questions his older brother, looking quite calm for a 'dead' man.

"John?" Mycroft asks.

Sherlock nods,"Have you seen him?"

"Oh yes," he says sarcastically,"We meet up every Friday for fish and chips," he hands his brother a dossier,"I've kept a weather eye on him, of course. We haven't been in touch at all to... prepare him."

Sherlock makes a face as he sees Watson's new look,"Oh no. Well we'll have to get rid of that."

"We?"

"He looks ancient," Sherlock says,"I can't be seen to be wandering around with an old man." He glances at Mycroft,"Now, what of Sara?"

"Haven't spoken to her either. As you can imagine, keeping an eye on her has been a bit more difficult."

Sherlock smirks,"Mysterious as always." He flips through the documents on John,"I think I'll surprise them. They'll be delighted.

Mycroft smiles sardonically,"You think so?"

"Hm. Pop into Baker Street," Sherlock smiles a little,"Who knows, jump out of a cake."

"Baker Street?" his brother questions,"They aren't there anymore. Why would they be? It's been two years. They have got on with their lives."

Sherlock frowns,"What life? I've been away."

Mycroft lets out a sigh,"Sara left a couple weeks after your 'funeral'. She has not returned to England since."

Sherlock is silent a moment. "...She left?"

"There was nothing to hold her here. John met a girl, he did not need her anymore."

Sherlock looks down,"Where is she?"

"How would I know?"

"You always know!" Sherlock snarls,"What country is she in?"

Mycroft leans back in his chair,"She is actually in London at the moment."

Sherlock's gaze snaps to him so fast that the girl shaving him almost cuts his throat. "She is here?"

Mycroft nods,"Returned a couple days ago, but I imagine she will not stay for long," he clears his throat,"She will be going to Bart's hospital tomorrow night to visit Molly."

Sherlock turns his head back and lets the girl continue his shave. "Where is John going to be tonight?"

"He has a dinner reservation in the Marylebone Road. Nice little spot. They have a few bottles of the 2000 Saint-Emilion, though I prefer the 2001."

Sherlock nods,"I think maybe I'll just drop by."

Mycroft studies him,"You know, it is just possible that you won't be welcome."

"No it isn't."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________