Ch.38: Trouble with Clocks

Chapter 38:

3rd person POV:

"Oh you have got to be kidding me!" Greg Lestrade's jaw drops as he looks up at the large clock tower known as the Big Ben. On the clock face there is a body speared through one of the clock hands.

"How is the world did they get the body up there?!" Donovan shouts as she exits their cop car.

Lestrade shakes his head and looks around, seeing all the horrorstricken faces of the civilians surrounding the area. "I don't know, but we need get it down as soon as possible. I'm calling him."

Donovan doesn't argue for once, knowing this isn't the time or place to. They really do need him.

~

"Jesus!" John exclaims when he sees the body.

Sherlock glances up at the building, using a hood to shield his face from the rays of the unusually sunny day. "If we wait any longer the body will fall and any evidence on the body will be lost. We have approximently twenty minutes before that happens."

Sara nods,"Tom and I will get it down," She turns to Greg,"I need you to remove all civilians from the immediate area and confiscate any cameras. We cannot have them posting pictures all over the internet."

Greg pauses,"Wait, how are you going to get it down?"

Sara smiles,"I thought by now you would have learned to trust what I tell you. I am still waiting to see you eat your tie."

Greg rolls his eyes and leaves to do as she ordered. Sara pulls on her hood to make it cover her face more then she trots into the building, typing on her phone as she goes.

John gets a text a minute later.

Sara: Keep an eye on Sherlock and don't hesitate to call me if he does something with his powers.

"Who is that?" Sherlock questions, having heard John's phone beep.

"Mary," John lies smoothly as he tucks his phone back into his pocket,"Just checking up on me."

Sherlock narrows his eyes at him for a moment before nodding. He starts walking toward Westminster palace where the Big Ben is connected to. "Let's get out of the sun."

~

Tom meets Sara at the top of the clock tower. They exit through a window and make their way onto the balcony directly above the large clock face. The body is still stuck on the longest hand but has started to slip down it every time the clock hand moves.

"How much weight do you think the clock hand can hold?" Sara asks Tom as she studies the clock from above.

"Not much. I'm surprised it didn't break when the body was dropped onto it," he answers.

Sara lets out a sigh,"Wonderful." She purses her lips then steps up onto the railing,"I will climb down to it and grab the body, I need you to climb down and grab hold of the clock hand to keep it from moving while I pry the body off of it."

Tom nods.

"And make sure to keep your hood over your face," Sara reminds him,"I told Greg to remove as many civilians as he could, but there will probably still be a few that might get a picture of us removing the body. We cannot have the public knowing it is us."

With that they both climb over the railing, digging their nails into the clock face as they scale their way down to the body.

~

"He did this in broad daylight. He is becoming more careless where he leaves the bodies," Greg says with a frown.

Sherlock paces throughout the room they are conversing in,"Did anyone see any suspicious character? Anything on surveillance?"

Donovan shakes her head,"The tapes were tampered with, everything from today was erased."

"Damn!" Sherlock hisses, his eyes starting to tinge red.

John clears his throat and walks to his friend,"Calm down. The killer would be wearing a hood, correct?"

Sherlock nods.

"Well then maybe there will be footage from a nearby street camera. On a day like this it would be rather odd to be wearing a hood."

Sherlock's eyes light up,"You right."

"What is it?" Lestrade pipes up, having not heard their quiet conversation.

"I need you to search the nearby traffic cams," Sherlock orders,"Look for anyone wearing a hood or something covering their face from the sun."

Greg looks a bit confused but nods anyhow and goes to do as ordered.

Donovan looks suspicious,"What aren't you telling us?" she questions the sociopath.

"Something your tiny brain could not hope to comprehend," the man mutters as he looks over the file Lestrade gave him.

"You think you are so smart, don't you?!" Donovan spits.

"Yes, actually."

John sighs,"Sara, please hurry," he mutters under his breath.

"Things were going fine before you came back from the dead. You are the cause of all of this," Donovan accuses.

Sherlock glares at her,"Maybe, but I will be the one to stop it. I will solve the case and stop the murderer."

~

'Sherlock and agent Donovan are having a bit of a domestic. It's getting rather heated.'

"Oh for gods sake," Sara lets out a frustrated sigh,"Well I'm a bit busy at the moment."

She and Tom are currently hanging off the side of the tall clock tower, trying to pry the body from the clock hand.

"Sara?" Tom calls out from his position of a couple feet away.

She ignores him and places her phone in her pocket on speaker and proceeds to pull on the body to get it free. It was more stuck then she had expected.

'His eyes are turning red.'

"J-just grab the thermos of blood I brought and give it to him," Sara grunts as she yanks on the body,"It should be with the bag I brought."

"Sara!" Tom calls out again, with more urgency this time.

'Where is the bag? I don't see it.'

"It is by the-"

"Sara!"

"What?!" She snaps.

Tom grits his teeth as he holds onto the clock hand to stop it from moving,"I-I can feel the hand-"

Suddenly the clock hand breaks and drops like a stone toward the ground, Sara gets pulled down with it.

"Ah!" She shrieks as she tries to hold onto the wall and the body.

"Sara!" Tom shouts in horror.

Luckily when the clock hand fell the body slipped off of it and Sara was able to hold onto it and the building before the clock hand's weight dragged her down.

Tom climbed over and took the body from her, then they made their way back up to the safety of the balcony.

'Sara? Sara, are you there?' John calls out from the phone's speaker,'I still can't find the thermos.'

Sara leans her back against a wall, breathing hard from her little almost death experience. She digs into her pocket for the phone, then just chucks it off the building.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, the last episode of Sherlock season 4 is out and it sadly may be the last season, at least for awhile. Now, I thought the episode was good, I was left on the edge of my seat for many parts, like holy shit. The ending was nice, but I was just hoping for...more. I still think the previous season were better, but I wasn't disappointed. Anyway, tell me your thoughts on the episode in the comments.

Next I'm going to have to intergrade this story with the newest season, I've already got loads of ideas on how I am going to do so :) So stay tuned for more.