Ch.66: This doesn't feel right

Chapter 66:

Sherlock's POV:

I pull out my ear piece then open my car door and step out.

"Hey! Sherlock, get back in here!" John hisses at me.

"We are wasting time. I need to see her."

John gets out of the car with a huff. He stands before me and crosses his arms,"Well, what do you propose we do? You heard the man, they have full surveillance and guards surrounding her."

I start walking toward the building,"I have a plan."

"You do not!" He says rushing after me.

A smile pulls at my lips,"Nope."

I lead us around the side of the asylum and stop to look around to see if anyone can see us.

John looks at me questioningly,"What now- Ah!"

I quickly grab him and scale the wall. We arrive on the roof within seconds and I release John.

He stumbles a few feet away and drops to his knees with a groan. "...I hate when you-" he gags a little,"...do that." He closes his eyes and breathes deeply.

I chuckle,"Feeling sick?"

"Shut it."

Vampiric speed often makes humans feel ill. Their bodies are not used to the amount of g-force pressed upon them.

I walk to the door that leads down into the asylum and listen for movement in the stairwell. John finally joins me, still looking a bit dizzy.

"Ready?" I ask him.

He nods,"Just about. Lead the way."

I nod and open the door. We quietly make our way down the stairs until we reach other door. I can hear someone walking outside, and further away I hear over a dozen voices. The common room must be nearby.

"What now?" John whispers.

I open the door a crack and peak out. "Time for a disguise."

Seeing only two cameras at the end of the hall, I close the door and wait. Hearing footsteps nearing our location, I wait another moment before quickly opening the door and grabbing an unsuspecting guard as he walks by.

"Jesus!" John gasps as I yank the man through the door.

I knock the man unconscious then gently lower him to the ground before I start stripping him of his white uniform.

"What in gods name-"

"Do you have a better idea?" I question John.

He sighs,"No."

I stand,"Then finish getting his clothes off while I grab another one."

He nods and kneels down, meanwhile I stand by the door listening for my next victim.

Ten minutes later, John and I are both dressed in guard uniforms and moving through the halls of the asylum.

We left the two men unconscious on the roof, their arms and legs tied with a couple zip-ties I brought.

I pull my hat down to cover my face a bit more as we past the common room filled with patients.

"Where to now?" John whispers, pulling nervously at his shirt. His outfit is a bit big on him, we had too cuff the pants so they wouldn't drag by his feet.

"There are stairs around the corner," I murmur,"They might lead down into the restricted area."

"What then? What about..." John goes silent as we pass another guard.