Ch.58: I needed a hug

Chapter 58:

3rd person POV:

John and Sara are currently in a limo on their way to meet Culverton. Not much is said between them. John unsure what to say, and Sara going over the breakup in her mind over and over again.

'Does he even realize that I just ended our relationship?' she asks herself. 'Probably not.'

In another car also on its way to Culverton is Sherlock and Tom. Sherlock at first refusing to ride with him but John insisted, wanting Tom to look over his brother's current state of health.

"Open your mouth," Tom orders. Sherlock does as told and Tom peers in, checking to see how far the dead man blood has progressed through him. It's not looking good.

Tom checks his eyes then sighs and sits back,"You are on death's bed, Lock. How much longer are you going to keep this up?"

Sherlock turns to look out the window,"Until John is back again."

Tom gazes at him for a moment then shakes his head,"I hope you know what you are doing then. I won't bother to stop you because I know it would be pointless to try... but do you really think this is what Mary wanted?"

Sherlock still stares out the window, unfazed that Tom saw the video of Mary's last wish. "It's the only way. If I am on the brink of death, then so be it."

"...I know you are focused on doing this, but you shouldn't shut Sara out-"

"She will only try to stop me."

Tom nods,"Yes, but you are hurting her in the process. While it works in my favor for her to be angry at you, I don't like to see her sad. You need to fix this, or you will lose her."

Sherlock scoffs,"She can wait. We have taken a break before, she will come back eventually."

Tom narrows his eyes at his brother and mutters,"Don't be so sure."

Sherlock ignores that bit and turns to his brother,"Why are you even here? Shouldn't you be on your way to see Mycroft or something? Off on another mission-"

"I believe you, Sherlock. About Culverton."

Sherlock's eyes widen,"...You do?"

Tom nods,"That man...there is something dark in him. I don't know for sure if he is a murderer, a serial killer, but he is hiding something. I want to help."

Sherlock looks at his brother in a new light. Everyone else is against him at the moment, but Tom is here on his side.

Sherlock nods,"Thank you."

Quickly dressing in the clothes Mrs.Hudson brought for him, he throws on his treasured coat and  sits back.

They soon arrive at their destination and rejoin John and Sara.

"Well? How is he?" John questions Tom.

"Basically fine," Sherlock answers.

Sara narrows her eyes at him and turns to his brother,"Tom?"

He sighs,"If he keeps going as he is, he's got weeks."

"Exactly, weeks." Sherlock says,"Let's not get ahead of ourselves."

John stepping closer to him with his hands behind his back. "So this is real? You've really lost it. You're actually out of control."

"When have I ever been that?"

"Since the day I met you," John answers.

The dying detective smirks,"Oh, clever boy. I've missed you fumbling 'round the place."