Ch.7: The fall

Chapter 7:

We follow Sherlock to Kitty's house...don't ask me how he found it.

I broke us in and now we are sitting on her couch waiting for her to arrive home.

Sherlock breaks the silence,"Serona Knight."

I freeze but try to no show any reaction,"Hm?"

He stares at me,"That is your real name. Why did you lie to me?"

I avoid his stare and shrug,"That is my business."

"How did she get this information?"

I turn to glare at him,"I should ask you the same. She has your life story as well."

He is glaring back,"How can she know more than me?" he hisses,"I've searched all I could about you, but I came up with nothing!" He turns on John,"Did you know her name was not Sara?"

John's eyes widen,"Uh- I..."

Sherlock growls in frustration,"I knew it!"

I frown at him,"I have told you many times I will not tell you my past. Do not get mad at John for keeping my secret!"

I hear a car door open outside and smell that it is the girl.

"Quiet," I tell Sherlock as he starts to say something,"She is here."

He frowns but stays silent.

The girl walks in and looks surprised to see us. She is calm though and even gets John and Sherlock out of their handcuffs.

Sherlock questions her about Rich Brooke but she says little. I then get the scent of someone we all know too well.

I stand and glare at the door,"Sherlock. He is here."

He frowns,"Who-"

The door opens and in walks Moriarty. He is dressed like a slob with his hair all out of place.

He freezes when he sees us and starts to shake in fear,"Y-you said they wouldn't find me, you said I would be safe here!" he yells at Kitty.

Sherlock stays silent, I growl and take a step forward but he stumbles back,"NO! No stay back!" he shouts.

Kitty rushes in front of him protectively.

"That's your source?," John questions,"Moriarty is Richard Brooke?"

"Of course he's Richard Brooke. There is no Moriarty," Kitty tells us,"There never has been. Look him up."

John narrows his eyes at her,"What are you talking about?" he questions,"Don't you know who this man is?!"

"Rich Brooke is an actor Sherlock Holmes hired to be Moriarty."

"Bullshit!" John seethes,"He has killed people!"

"No, that was a character he played," she explains,"His name is Rich Brooke. He is an actor, Sherlock paid him to do all those things. It wasn't real."

I start to laugh,"You've got to be kidding me."

She shakes her head and goes to grab a stack of papers,"This is evidence that it is all true!" She shows them to John and I. Papers of Moriarty's fake identity Rich Brooke. Beautifully forged documents and resumes. I can tell John is wavering a bit.

"I am Rich Brooke," Moriarty tells us with pleading eyes,"He paid me to do those things. To take the fall and go to trial. He promised I would walk free. P-please believe me."

I grip John's arm,"Do not believe him!" I snarl,"He is lying."

Sherlock stays quiet the entire time, looking to be in shock. He then grits his teeth and glares at Moriarty, he charges at him.