Ch.67: Trials

Chapter 67:

Sherlock's POV:

I blink my eyes open a few times and let out a groan. My head is pounding and my throat feels like a desert.

I cough a bit and slowly rise up to my feet. I am in a large room with white walls, there are bright lights over head, and a tv screen on one of the walls. There is also no door that can be seen.

"Finally awake I see."

I turn around and find Mycroft sitting on the ground with his back against the wall. John and Tom are lying nearby on the floor, still unconscious. Across from them is a man I don't recognize.

"Who is he?" I question as I walk to John and Tom.

"Ash Wilkerson, the head of the asylum," Mycroft answers.

"Why is he here?"

"He does as he is told. Eurus is in control."

I kneel next to John and my older brother. I try to rouse them but nothing seems to be working. "What happened? Where are we?"

"Well, we were all knocked unconscious and brought here," Mycroft says and loosens his tie,"As for if we are still in the asylum, I don't not know, but I assume we are. My watch says we have only been asleep for about thirty minutes."

I stand and scan the room, then feel my heart drop. "W-Where is Sara?" I question.

Mycroft looks down,"She wasn't in here when I awoke."

I clench my hands into fists and start pacing. This was all trap, and we stupidly walked right into it. What will she do with us now? No, it doesn't matter. What matters is that Sara is all right... wherever she is.

Tom wakes next.

"...W-What happened?" He looks around,"Where's Sara?"

"I don't know," I grunt.

Tom stands and looks around the room,"We have to get out of here."

I smile sarcastically,"By all means, try."

He sends me a glare before walking to one of the walls. He places his hands on it then kicks the wall. A moment later he curses. "Damn!" He hisses and turn back around,"The walls are at least three meters thick. We can't bust them down."

"Oh, did your vampire senses tell you this?" I snark. I tend to get cheeky when in situations such as these, especially when I'm stuck in a room with my brothers.

Tom crosses his arms,"At least I am using my powers. Do you forget that you are a vampire? I think you do sometimes-"

"Brothers!" Mycroft barks,"Fighting won't help our situation. We need to calm down and think logically."

I huff and continue to pace while Tom wanders around the room for a means of escape.

"Did you see our sister?" Mycroft asks.

I nod,"We did."

"Any new developments from that?"

"Other than the fact that she is a bored psychopath... nope."

I hear a groan from behind me. John is waking up.

"How are you?" I ask him.

He sits up slowly and rubs his head,"Bit of a lump. But, I think I'm okay."

The tv on the wall suddenly turns on. We gather around it and after a moment the screen flickers and an image of Eurus appears on the screen.

'Oh good, everyone is awake now.'