Six

A/N: Comment & Vote!
Pic: Tanner

Stopping at a fast food chain seemed to be the best for Luca.

He was still in a relatively fragile state and the children's meals came with toys. "Is my Luca hungry?" Inquired Tanner with a smile.

Luca peeked up from his hands. "Luca really hungry." He agreed gravely.

"Let's get you some food then!" Tanner replied happily.

The Grab N Go was packed with a post-lunch time rush. Luca pressed closed to his Daddy and urged him to hold him. Tanner gladly obliged settling him on his hip as he got in line. It was almost primarily vampires. Most had a companion on a leash beside them, muzzled and looking miserable and hopeful for some of the greasy food products from the were-section. A few demons were loitered throughout. They resembled humans for the most part with glowing red eyes and the shiftiness only a demon could muster.

Human food inventions had translated over almost seamlessly. Blood was combined with meat to form burgers. Fries were made with lab-created products that tasted great. They were living in an easy existence catered to them. The vampire menu was vast and in center display. To the left was far more limited demon-menu. And on the right a similarly limited were menu.

The were-inclusion act had been spurred by vampires concerned about the health of their weres. And health and strength was directly related to a balanced meal. So restaurants began to carry faux-meats similar to what weres had eaten back in the Savage Times when they ran free.

They didn't offer any were-Children's Meals but the Grab N Go was flexible and known for their ease when it came to substitutions. Tanner stepped up to order as his turn came. Luca buried his face in his neck. "Good afternoon," the cashier greeted. She smiled, flashing her elongated fangs. "What can I get you two?"

"I'll take the double cheese without pickles and onions. Can I get a Children's Meal with nuggets and apple slices. And he'll take one of the Geo-Guy toys."

Geo-Guy was a popular show among the vampire youth and the Grab N Go was gladly capitalizing on it. She put it in with a smile--another trademark of the chain. If your total didn't come with a smile, your meal was free. Tanner paid and moved to be other side to wait to be called. "What nuggets?" Luca whispered. "What double-cheese?"

"They're food," Tanner explained. "They taste really good but they're not always so good for you."

"Luca have some?" He cocked his head to the side.

"Yup." Tanner smiled. "Our order number is 497. When they call it we'll get out food and drinks and go sit down."

"Luca want Daddy to hold Luca."

"I will love."

"And Daddy still bring Luca home to Daddy's house?" Luca seemed very anxious about Tanner changing his mind. He didn't seem to know that he had already wrapped Tanner around his little finger the moment they met!

"Of course Cupcake! We're going to redo your room together tomorrow!"

Tanner spoke without thinking--he had to work tomorrow. In fact he had a corporate meeting that was opposite of optional. His meal was called and he grabbed the tray. He filled the styrofoam cup with blood and the other with water, putting a top on it and sticking in a straw--he had a feeling Luca was prone to spills. They found a seat in back, Tanner situating him on his lap as he opened the food.

Luca picked up a nugget in his little hand and sniffed it before holding it out to Tanner. "Try?"

The smell was borderline revolting for him. The food wasn't meant for his kind. But, for the sake of appealing to his Little he opened his mouth and took a nibble. The flavor was that of dirt but he choked it down with an animated yum for the sake of Luca. Luca's face split into a toothy grin and he took a bite.

One of the things Tanner liked most about the Grab N Go was how sweet their blood was. Some hated the added sugar but the ancient vampire welcomed it. His happiest memory was when the Grab N Go introduced their store brand. The finished up their meal and Tanner sat Luca in the seat as he went to dispose of their trash.

However when he arrived back at the table Luca was no where to be found. Tanner choked on panic and began to look around wildly, trying to sort his scent between the collision of scents all around him. As he spun he heard his tell tale voice.

"Luca with his Daddy."

Relief poured through him as he turned around to see Luca looking up at a stranger. "Luca!"

They both looked up at him as he flashed over, placing a protective hand on the small boy in front of him. "Luca had an accident," the boy whispered shamefully.

Sure enough the scent of urine hit him like a brick wall. He wasn't angry--he was concerned about his boy being stuck in wet pants. "It's alright pumpkin. I'll go grab you some--"

"Daniel has some clothes in his backpack." The man cut in. "The less time in wet clothes the better, right?"

"Daniel?" Tanner asked warily.

"My Little. He's in the restroom. He'll be out in a moment with his backpack."

"Oh."

Of course there were others interested the same lifestyle Tanner was beginning but Tanner was still astounded to meet one so spontaneously. Then again, this was the Grab N Go--people from all walks of life were here. The door opened a bright faced, curly haired brunette came out with a blue and gray backpack and a smile. "I went Papa. All by myself."

"What a good boy," the man replied warmly. "This is Luca--can he borrow some clothes?"

"I packed extras in case I had an accident," the boy said to Luca with a smile. It faltered after a moment and he sniffed him. "You're a were!"

"None of that Daniel," the man scolded. He rummaged through the bag and produced some clothes.

Tanner took them, unsure of if Luca would need help. But he was looking sadly at his feet. "Are you okay cupcake."

"Luca wanna go!" He whimpered.

Daniel edged closer to his Papa and whispered something before sliding behind him. "Forgive him--his Sire was murdered by a pack of weres. Some experiences stick."

"Luca wasn't one of those weres. He's sweet."

"I don't disagree. Say--there's a park in Manchester devoted completely to Littles. It's a great place to really let them socialize--and get him involved in a playgroup. I can give you the address if you'd like?"

Luca whined in discomfort. Tanner stroked his hair. "Do you need help getting cleaned up?"

"Luca do by-self."

"Alright sweetheart. I'll be right here."

Luca went into the rest room while Tanner marked down the address. "We'll be going on Saturday--that's a busy day. You should come!"

"Alright," Tanner said after a moment--socializing Luca was important. "Thank you."

"Not a problem. Ready Daniel?"

"Yes Papa."

QOTC: thoughts on the park?!
Goal: 20 comments! XD