Fourteen

A/N: Comment & Vote!
Pic: Marco!

"This pickle?"

"This is a pickle." Tanner confirmed with a smile.

The boy twirling the little green oval in his fingers. "Were foods are so weird." Griffin sighed, eyeing the plate.

"They eat like humans used to. Processed fake shit." Frowned Tanner. "I wish I could feed him our food."

"They can process it." Griffin shrugged. "Besides, he's happy."

Luca bit into the synthetic vegetable and delighted the sour crunch. "Luca like pickle."

"Good. You've got to feed that thing, Griffin. He's drooling all over my floor."

Marco's eyes were glued on the plate in front of Luca. Salvia was seeping through the muzzle and pooling between his paws. "I've got him the dry, bagged regimen. It has everything he needs, it's cheap, and doesn't have any of the extra fat and sugar that stuff has." Griffin retorted. It hadn't been his decision as much as one of Regean's requirements for Marco's stand. Griffin was doing what he needed to to keep the peace. "Two cups, twice a day. No snacking."

"That sounds horrible." Tanner commented with a shake of his head. "Is it at least flavored?"

"Sure. Beef I think? He'd be fine if he just ate it."

Tanner frowned again. "He's not eating?"

"Reagan did a bit of research and some weres have a human-esque complex. They think they're...I don't know, like us? Intelligent beings? And it takes some a while to be properly broken. Some will starve themselves for weeks before they finally have to eat." Griffin glanced down at Marco. "It doesn't help that I cheat when Reagan's not home."

"Well Reagan isn't here so..." Tanner took a ham cube from Luca's plate and offered it out.

Marco lifted his head, audibly licking his chops. The hopefulness in his eyes couldn't be ignored. "He says he'll get fat and lazy."

"He'll get skinny and weak," Tanner argued. "Feed the damn beast."

Luca picked at his plate a bit and leaned against his Daddy. "Nap time?"

"Soon pumpkin." He hadn't even thought about naptime! Jesus how daft was he?! "Griffin don't be stubborn."

"I'd have to take the muzzle off," Griffin reasoned. "And if someone walks in--"

"You won't be sanctioned for feeding the goddamn thing Griffin!"

"Fine, fine." Griffin huffed.

He made quick work of the muzzle setting it on the table. The were shook the fur on his face. Flicking his ears wildly for a moments. But his eyes never left the piece of pork. "Easy," Griffin ordered hesitantly as he held it out.

Tanner half expected him to tear it from his fingers--he was a starved Beast after all. But Marco showed exceptional gentleness as he tenderly used his tongue to hook the morsel from between Griffin's finger and withdrew a bit to eat it. Griffin had lapsed into a stunned silence as well as he watched.

The were finished the tiny bit of food and sat up, head cocked expectantly. Griffin began to fumble with the ham on Luca's plate. Tanner slapped his hand away, urging a snarl from the were watching. "Quiet," Griffin snapped.

The were whined a bit--his actions had been to protect his Keeper. "This is Luca's lunch. You can order him something of his own." Tanner reprimanded his friend.

Griffin rolled his eyes, scratching the were behind his ears. Marco rested his head on Griffin's knee. "I really shouldn't stray from his diet." Griffin sighed, pulling back.

The were didn't move however until Griffin pushed him away. He grabbed the muzzle and held it out expectantly. The were paced a bit, moving its face close to the muzzle before backing out again. "Goddamn it," huffed Griffin. "He's supposed to be muzzle broken already. I hate have to wrestle the fucking thing  on."

Luca leaned against his Daddy. He was done with his food and ready to take his nap. So, he decided, he ought to share with Marco. He pushed the plate off the desk and it hit the floor, shattering on impact.

Both vampires were taken aback by the sound and jumped. Luca squealed excitedly at the cacophony he had caused. And Marco dove for the food. "Fuck!" Griffin hissed.

The chain had been coiled around his hand as he was trying to muzzle the were. "Stop!" His voice was loud, commanding, and harsh.

The harness was compressing due to the sudden activity and increase in body heat. The choke chain tightened but the were didn't care. He kept straining, fighting to get to food. Griffin was yanked forward by the pure power and force the were was giving.

There was a sickening crunch and for a second Tanner feared the were's windpipe or ribcage had been crushed. But Griffin let out a stream of curses and began to claw at the chain that had crushed his hand. He manages to free his hand from the chain. The suffocating creature lurched forward and began to eat around the bits of glass.

He wasn't wasting his time chewing, he was just gulping it down. "Griff say bad words!" Luca crowed.

Tanner however was far from pleased. "That was very, very naughty Luca. You need to go stand in the corner." He hadn't expected a punishment so soon and, as the boy began to cry, neither had Luca.

Tanner led him to the corner where he left him to sob for ten minutes while he checked on his friend who was chugging blood in an attempt to heal his hand faster as well as easing the pain. The were had made quick work of the fallen food and was on his side, struggling to breathe. Tanner resisted the urge to kick the stupid Beast as he examined the hand. "Mother fucker!" Griffin hissed.

Tanner could feel the bones shifting beneath the skin as they mended themselves. "You'll be fine. But you have no control of that animal. Thank God no one else was here to see it."

Tanner began to pick up the glass shards, certain the Beast had eaten some in his haste. He wasn't worried--it'd take more than a little glass to hurt a were's digestive system. "It wouldn't have been a problem if yours--"

"He's being dealt with. A little control goes a long way too." Tanner voice was low with disappointment.

His friend grit his teeth. "Don't worry. If he wants to act like a goddamn animal, I'll treat him like one."

QOTC: thoughts? Was it Luca's fault or bad training on Griffin's end?
Goal: 25 comments :)