Thirty Five

A/N: Comment & Vote!

"Maybe we can bring Luca to a farm?" Sven suggested later that evening. "You're off right?"

The two were curled up watching a drama Sven had selected. But as long as the curve of his ass was pressed against Tanner's crotch he didn't care. "It's Saturday." Tanner agreed. "It would be neat for him to see some humans and how they interact. I bet he's never even seen one."

"There's this really nice little one just outside the city. It's a small operation with like three Breeders, and six or seven Banks." Sven replied. "I noticed them at a flea market a few weeks ago."

"I think that would be a great activity for him. And us." Tanner kissed his neck carefully and Sven moaned quietly in acceptable of his actions. "Though I can think of a wonderful activity for tonight as well."

"Oh really?" Sven retorted coyly. Things were heating up and Sven's pants were growing tight.

"Yes. Fucking a prince."

Sven's eyes shut as the crass language sent a jolt of sexual heat straight to his already straining cock. He was forced to remember the sexual energy they had been battling with for weeks before this moment. But now it felt right. Now if felt okay. Tanner stood suddenly, surprising Sven with how hurt he was by the sudden loss of attention. "Tanner?"

"I want to take you properly Sven. In my bed--in our bed." His tone was humbled and Sven felt that distant glimmer of perfection. The haunting fear was there too. He was already in too deep and they had just began. Tanner stretched his hand out confidently. "Let me love you Sven."

How could the prince refuse? The smothering eyes and voice like dark velvet. The baritone sent shudders down his spine as he reached out taking his lover's hand. He was swept up immediately, laying across Tanner arms as he kissed him roughly before following up with a much sweeter kiss that made Sven's head spin.

The next thing he knew he was be laid gently onto the soft bedding. The creamy hued sheets made the prince's pearly skin glow. Moonlight filtered through the bay window across from the sleigh bed casting sensual shadows from his form. He looked so perfect lying there, breathless and ready.

Tanner kept himself in check however as he began to slowly inch the articles of clothing off Sven's body until he was beautifully exposed. "Aren't you going to remove your clothes too?" Sven asked almost nervously.

He still feared the callous fucks he used to get when Tanner was first losing interest. He would strip off all of Sven's clothes leaving him vulnerable both physically and emotionally while he freed only his cock. Would Tanner do the same? Had he not changed?

"Of course darling. I just needed to take in the sight first."

He pulled over his shirt, exposing his sculpted torso and crawled over Sven. He ran his fingers lightly up from his navel over his chest. Tanner felt a faint pang as he recalled how much he missed the steady thumping that had once lived inside his chest. He thought again of Reagan and how he had taken Sven's humanity from him. Would he grow to despise him one day?

"Your miles away." Sven frowned tightly as he took Tanner's face between his palms. "Please come back."

"I'm sorry," Tanner replied. He kissed his cheek. "Do you love me?"

"Of course I love you." Sven replied. "Do you love me?"

Tanner breathed deeply. Despite the pheromones racing through the room there was a larger question that needed to be answered. "What if you wake up one morning not loving me?"

Sven laughed. "That's what you did to me." He replied evenly. "If anyone should be afraid it's me."

Tanner paused. They had grown apart mutually, hadn't they? "But we both wanted to see other people." He frowned.

Sven's smile vanished. "What do you mean? You started seeing other guys while we were still together. You practically made me break it off."

Tanner grew defensive. "I wasn't seeing anyone." He countered. "Where is all this coming from?"

"Are we just pretending Gideon didn't exist?" Sven pushed Tanner away. "Why did I think this would be a good idea?"

Tanner groaned in regret. He didn't like the way this conversation was heading. "Sven wait. I'm sorry. You're right. I was rude and did cheat on you. But I would never do that again."

Sven sighed heavily. "I suppose I overreacted."

Tanner kissed him but Sven shied away from him though. "I'm going to take a shower okay?"

Tanner sighed it defeat. "Alright."

***

"Did you still want to go to the Farm tomorrow?"

Sven toweled of quietly. "Maybe not tomorrow but Sunday would be fine. I have some plans tomorrow."

"What?" Tanner frowned. "When did that happen?"

"I had a friend who messaged me when I was in the shower. I'm going to meet with them for lunch."

"Oh." Tanner frowned. "Who is it?"

Sven slid into a worn tee shirt and Tanner sucked on his teeth. Where had the sensuality gone? "Do I need to disclose that?" Sven countered. "Tanner it is a friend. You can hang out with Griffin and I'll be back early afternoon."

"Are we okay?" Tanner asked worriedly. How had he messed things up so quickly? "Sven I really didn't mean to--"

"It's fine Tanner." He pressed his lips together in a thin line. "Can I turn this light off now?"

Tanner bobbed his head and the light went out. Sven turned down the sheet and laid beside Tanner. He expected  the smaller man to turn into him but he kept to his side of the bed. The space felt cold and one thing was apparent: Tanner had fucked up once again.

QOTC: Is Tanner looking too deep into this or is Sven actually still upset?