Thirty - One Part 2

"Sven can you forgive an arrogant fool such as myself?"

Sven clasped his knees as he gulped down breathes of air trying to stay conscious. The carnage was revolting. The blood and gore made his stomach turn. This man, no, this creature was merely that--a creature; a monster. Something not human. No soul existed in those blank dark eyes. 

But his regret did. Tannar looked at him with such fear and self loathing Sven felt pity for him. For what he had to be. The remains of a dinner party scattered around them as Tannar placed his head in his hands. "Do not look at me. I am not worthy of a Prince."

His humility nearly brought the young prince to his knees. "You have been starving yourself."

The gaunt-like look was gone from the handsome man's face. His skin was smooth and pearly. Alert. "Yes." Tannar bowed his head. "You should gather your people. I've heard decapitation is the most effect. But if punishment is what you seek a stake is you best choice."

Sven was breathless at the thought of harming him. "No. We will call it an attack from the Drhsohr Kingdom: no one will argue. Now come, let us clean you up."

"Will they not ask why you survived? Or why they would slaughter the King and not take his throne?"

"Because the handsome Stranger wounded him. Saving the Prince." Sven used a satin cloth  to wipe blood from his Lover's lips and kissed him. "Now come. We must clean you up."

"I will stop feeding," the man promised again. "Never again with human blood touch my tongue."

***

"What are you daydreaming about?" Tanner asked in annoyance.

Sven shrugged his shoulder and set the pork cubes in front of a surly pup. "They're yummy."

"Luca not want."

"Don't be difficult," Sven frowned. "Give them a try!"

The boy's bottom lip poured out until big tears overwhelmed his eyes and fell down his rosy cheeks. "Daddy throwed Luca's picture 'way Fen! Hurt Luca's heart!"

Tanner was still glaring at his cellphone, oblivious to the boy's confession. It was moments like this when Sven wondered why he loved him. How could he care so deeply for someone so cold? "Why don't you eat your snack and then we will go color pretty pictures for the fridge together?"

"Fen color with Luca?" He sniffled and smiled hesitantly. "Okay, what Luca eat?"

"Pork. Yummy," Sven added animatedly. "Tanner a word in other room."

"In a bit." The absent minded vamp mumbled: he was still glued on the screen.

Sven grabbed his arm hand, meaningfully lifting the man out of his seat. Tanner was floored at the casual example of strength and narrowed his eyes. "I wasn't asking."

Note: cue pained groan. So my job guys. It's like death. But I'm over the worst of my training and can now write more! So this is the first update of many to come (tomorrow is my Friday)! So enjoy and forgive me and comment :D