Twenty - Four

A/N: Comment & Vote!

Luca was chasing Gee.

At first Nala had looked ready to lung and protect him but once the gleeful squeals reached the 'adults' she settled with a forced smile. Daniel was still in the sand box dejectedly watching his friend. "He looks ready to cry." Tanner commented aimlessly.

Theron bobbed his head. "He knows he can play he's just stubborn. I won't coddle him over it."

Nala turned his attention to the vampire. "So where have you been?" She asked, clearly referring to his lack of exposure to their community. "I know you from somewhere."

"I served on a few high councils back in the day." Tanner shrugged.

"Politics? Surely right now would demand all you attention?"

"I'm pursing different interests." He retorted pleasantly. "Luca is my only concern."

"If we have a demon or Beast in charge you'll have plenty of concerns." Nala corrected. "What say you on the legality of the Beast?"

What had Seb said? The were was running through its owner. "They found a loophole." He confirmed with a nod. "But weres can survive a lifetime term. The Beast is full grown. It's got fifty years left at its prime."

Nala hummed in agreement. Theron, playing the devils advocate spoke carefully. "I think we need someone else in office. Vampires, especially Mr. Spliche, don't care about any other species. They're too radical. I would hate to see where our society would go if he were to win."

"You're such a zealot." Nala groaned. "Nothing will happen. We'll still have disgusting demons here and we'll still have Pets and protection. Don't be so dramatic. Besides, all the stakings? What if it was your little Daniel being executed?"

"Not all demons are killers, Nala." He frowned. "That kind of thought process is dangerous. You can just group them all together--"

"How do you tell them apart? They all look the same, act the same. They follow the same rules. They're not to be trusted. And I'm voting for Spliche because he understands. He's going to get rid of all of them. And all those goddamn taxes we pay for what? Were protection? Like the Shops make their own rules and regulations."

After this furious speech Nala was left a bit breathless. The vampires sat in silence. Tanner, as per usual, felt indifferent. That being said he didn't know if he had anything again Demons. As for were regulations, they couldn't get any stricter and loosening of rules would be nice.

"Next month will be crazy." Commented Theron in return. "I hope you're right and things don't change too much."

Nala snickered and glanced at Tanner. "You're awfully quiet."

"Politics are run by money. Spliche is going to win." Tanner settled on saying. "It's how our society works."

Theron muttered something about that being unfair. Tanner watched Luca rounding off the boy pouncing at him. Gee narrowly avoided being tackled and took off again. Tanner was suddenly aware that his nails were a bit sharp. He hoped Luca wouldn't accidentally scratch the boy.

"Maybe that can change." Theron decided. "If we shake things up a bit. Maybe having a New Born thinker in office."

"Wistful thinking much?" Nala jeered. "Things are fine how they are."

~~~

That afternoon the three adults took their Littles to an onsite restaurant.

It had a fun, childish feel to it with Luca had been redressed and the muzzle put out of sight. He and Gee were giggling about a ladybug outside the window while Daniel sulked and grappled for his Papa's hand. Nala had already ordered and Theron was rattling of their own while Tanner tried desperately to make a decision. Honestly this wasn't his kind of venue. He had no idea what a chicken fried steak was and he wasn't sure he wanted Luca eating 'smiley fries'. "One second." He finally decided with a grimace.

The waitress smiled and passed out three coloring books. Daniel quietly began to his coloring while Gee giggled and waited his Mummy to select a picture. Luca beamed at his Daddy. "Luca color picture for Daddy?"

"That's right Sunshine." He smiled. "Do you want some chicken tenders?"

"Nuggets. Like first day." Luca smiled and Tanner searched for his option.

"They have Dino-nuggets for vampires but I don't know about weres." Nala used her straw to stir a thick cherry flavored smoothie.

The were-friendly menu was sparse in comparison. "Tenders are just long nuggets!" Gee exclaimed helpfully.

Luca tilted his head. "Gee promise Luca?"

"Promise!"

The two hooked pinkies and erupted into giggles. Luca stopped suddenly and looked frantically at Tanner. "Gotta go potty!"

He was on the inside which meant Gee and Daniel would have to shift. "Can you hold it?" Tanner asked hesitantly but he knew better.

"Luca gotta go now!"

Daniel didn't move however pretending he didn't hear. "We gots to scoot over," Gee explained.

"No. He took my friend."

"Gotta go!" Luca grabbed himself and began to push on Gee who whined in opposition.

"Daniel Luca gonna have an accident."

"So?" The spiteful shit replied moodily.

"Daniel!" snapped Theron. "Move or you're going to get a spanking."

"He can go potty right outside like a dog."

Luca's eyes narrowed. "Luca not dog. Luca use potty now."

Theron got up grabbing Daniel who shrieked and burst out sobbing. Gee scrambled out of the way and Luca looked around wildly. The waitress came around with a look of confusion. "Bathroom?" Tanner asked tightly.

Luca squirmed and grabbed at his crotch with a distraught look on his little face. "We don't have any were facilities in here. We have a restroom building toward the--"

"He can't wait that long. It doesn't matter what his species is!"

Her face turned a bit cold. "I'm sorry Sir. I wish we could be more accommodating."

"Where?" He barked in defeat. Luca looked ready to cry.

"About half a mile from here?"

Half a mile? Tanner snatched up Luca bolting out of the building.

QOTC: thoughts?!