Thirty

A/N: Comment & Vote!

"So I guess you're stuck with him now."

Marco was licking the remains of his meal from a plate hungrily. Griffin nodded. He held the thick bandage on his chest as he heaved himself to his feet. "Ugh--it's gone Marco. Give me the plate."

The man eagerly presented the plate. "More."

"He's picking up on speech," Tanner commented. "That's good right?"

"Yes and no. He can be quite annoying at times. And teaching him to use the toilet? Jesus." He shook his head. "Not that he doesn't try--he does."

"Well transitioning for a wolf to a human is a big change." Tanner retorted.

"More." The man pushed the plate against Griffin's side.

"Stop it. You've had enough."

Marco looked crestfallen and looked down in submission before peeking up at Griffin. "More?" He asked meekly.

"Go lay down--er, go sit down." Griffin tripped over his order as he was forced to remember that he wasn't an animal anymore--he was a man.

Marco lowered himself tentatively to the couch looking sullen. Luca was snoring quietly at Tanner's side. "You're starving the man," teased Tanner. "Besides I'm sure he's just enjoying not being fed dog food."

The man was moving restlessly in his spot. Griffin shook his head. "My sick leave is coming to an end too--what am I supposed to do with him?"

"Bring him with you?" Suggested Tanner as though it were obvious.

Griffin wasn't so sure. Marco's behavior was erratic and quite animalistic. Bringing him into an office setting would be lead to chaos. The investigation into the other vampire's death had been headache enough. Now with a full time human and part time were in his home, Griffin had to grudgingly accept a roommate.

"Well if I leave him here he'll eat every goddamn thing in sight. I guess I don't have a choice." Griffin scrubbed his hand over his face. "I think you're enjoying this way too much."

"Guilty," hummed Tanner. He pet Luca softly, trying not to wake the pup.

"So I gather things aren't well in the Bradley Manor if you have to find your entertainment here." Griffin replied drily. "Has Sven's well run dry?"

Tanner's smirk disappeared as the touchy subject was exposed. "I don't know what you mean."

He tilted his bottle of grab and go to and fro trying to avoid eye contact. "Have you talked to Cayden at all?"

"Don't change the topic," retorted Griffin with a wicked smirk. "Admit it--you're smitten with him."

"Smitten? Oh Lord Griffin--what century are you living in? Besides, he's not interested. I don't think I told you the humiliating rejection I got last time I tried." Tanner shook his head and took a pondering drink. Beside him Luca snorted delicately before smiling at something in his dreams. "I don't know why I even care. I've got Luca. And he's perfect."

"But Luca won't be there forever. And you can't love Luca the way you can love Sven. Nothing beats a good lover. Don't take that for granted."

"I'm not. I just..." Tanner frowned in frustration. "He's not interested Griffin. It doesn't matter how I feel if he doesn't feel the same way."

"I bet you he does. But if you don't make him feel valued--"

"Relationship advice coming from someone who just got dumped?" Tanner's mouth ran faster than his common sense and his friend's face crumbled in pain before hardening in fury. "Griffin I'm sorry."

"Get out." His friend rose to his feet, teeth clenched furiously. "Now Tanner. You've made your point."

Tanner snorted. "You're being a bit over sensitive aren't you? He's just a whore. Forget about him."

"Leave Tanner." His voice was lethal.

And for Tanner it was yet another rejection.

***

Bradley Manor was silent.

Sven stared at his blank journal with a lack of inspiration. He had nothing to say to his dead sister--because she was dead. Because she was enjoying eternal bliss while he suffered in the cold embrace of a man who wouldn't and couldn't love him.

The knock on the door couldn't have come at worse moment. He got to his feet slowly, setting down the quill, closing the leather bound journal. He paused in front of the mirror, smoothing his shirt nervously. He took the wrought iron doorknob in hand and faced his visitor.

His eyes were heavily hooded. There was something so familiar and exciting about him. He wasn't the calm and collected Tanner Sven had fallen for. This was a miserable creature seeking refugee in something--in Sven.

"Can I help you something?" Sven's tone was pleasant; flat.

He was doing all he to try and hide the lustful tightening in his loins. His fangs extended, their sharp hollow tips piercing his lip with an awakening sting. His own tangy blood seeped across his senses delivering a temporary high on vampire blood could give. Tanner didn't speak. He didn't feel obligated too.

He pushed the door open and took his man servant by the throat. In a flash he was being pressed against the mirror opposite them. A low, feral sound bubbled in Tanner's chest. The subtle bruising of his fingers against Sven's flesh made him momentarily tighten in pain.

Normally Tanner wasn't this rough. This was a new area for the two.

His long plate fingers wrapped around Tanner's wrist, testing his force. Tanner bore his teeth and doubled down. His windpipe was narrowed and oxygen hissed in and out of Sven as he waited for Tanner's next move. Tanner was sick of the disrespect. Of Sven's apparent disinterest.

He couldn't pretend not to notice him when he had him in such a vulnerable position. Tanner loomed closer. His manhood was stiff, straining to be catrrssed the fallen prince. But Sven refused to give in.

He had far too many times.

No more Tanner, he swore as the two locked eyes, I will not submit to your charm.

But how long could he fight the sexy smother on Tanner's face? How long before he ached to touch him, to be touched by him? And to feel the sweet pain as Tanner roughly made to him... Sven almost gave. He almost let himself give in.

But he didn't.

Drawing upon strength kept carefully hidden from his Sire, Sven easily dislodged his captor, pressing him against the floor. The position would have been tempting if not for the flare of fury and shock on Tanner's face as Sven pressed his forearm against this throat. Both their fangs were long and blatant.

"I said no."

Sven rose his feet briskly. He refused to stay there and argue. Instead he left the room and the manor, slipping to the sleek black car in the driveway and going for what he hope would be a relaxing trip. But his mind was troubled. He was heavy with regret. And oh so desperate for a release.

Tanner eased himself up, numb in shock. He had Sired Sven--yet he knew so little of his abilities and strength. Yes, they had tested physical lines before but never had Tanner placed him a position like that. He almost felt guilty--if he wasn't a monster that is. Mostly he was insulted and, once again, humiliated.

  **So my apologies for my absence. I had some personal stuff going on but I am back and full of ideas. Long story short, I am back and happier than ever! Thank you for your patience and I hope to make up for my disappearance in the weeks to come. There is an update schedule on my bio page.

One thing is that I'm looking for an Editor. Someone who will be able to have a first look at my new works while doing me a huge favor. So if that's something you're interested in let me know!