Thirty Two Part 2

A/N: Comment and Vote!

Sven couldn't sleep.

He was in Tanner's bed with the man curled up behind him, crushing him against his body,l. While it was every he sought and missed he couldn't help feeling a little overwhelmed. The night had wound down suddenly and they had turned on a film.

Now he was hold Sven like lover. Why was he asleep, resting blissfully while the bright future dawned ahead? He slipped from Tanner's hold and padded out into the deck. It had a wonder view and thanks to the fact he was inhuman, he was graced by the stunning view of the mountains and the shimmering lake situated in the valley miles away. Tanner had a beautiful house on the water but Sven hadn't been there in decades. Perhaps it would be a nice trip to take Luca?

"Quiet, isn't it?"

Sven had heard the gentle rustling of the sheets as Tanner rose so the voice didn't shock him. "Quite."

"You should know I am faced with a better beauty each day," Tanner mused lowly.

"I was always taught as a Prince that those who flatter your vanity are not to be trusted." A small smile played on his lips as he recited Mother's old rules.

"Do you miss it?"

"My Kingdom?"

"And being a Prince."

"In a way. I've grown used to Commoner life."

"What if you were to go back?"

"There is no back. Monarchy is  gone."

"Say you could. Would you?" Tanner pressured.

"No."

Tanner quietly reflected back to his conversation with Reagan and asked a question  that weighed heavily on him. "Do you resent what you are?"

"It's an acquired taste that I've grown to tolerate." Sven decided after a painfully long pause. "What you did was selfish Tanner. But I was a foolish young man marveled by the concept of immorality."

It hit Tanner hard hearing him confirm his fear. "I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"Had I not..."

"Approached me? Saved me from quasi-incestious family tree?" Sven shuddered. "I loved my sister Tanner but I didn't want her to bear my children. Besides my tastes were quite different."

"That's probably just generations of recessive genes." Teased Tanner.

Sven rolled his eyes. "Joke all you'd like. But the bottom line is that I'm content. Don't over think it."

"Reagan left."

"Are you comparing me to him?" Sven feigned offense. "Tanner I am happy."

"You're content." Tanner frowned. He understood Griffin's pain suddenly. "One day you will wake up to resent me. To resent what you are."

"My species doesn't define me, Tanner." Sven was growing frustrated. "Did I blame you for my fall from the throne? For the death of my parents? No. Everything happens for a reason."

Tanner pressed his lips into a thin line and nodded his head. "Just give me a heads up if you change your mind. I couldn't bare to wake up one morning and find you gone."

"I promise my sweet monster."

The End.

Just kidding :) there's about four or five chapters left to go.