Nine

A/N: Comment & Vote!

"Alright," one of the twins pulled a seat, the other mirroring the action. "So tell them about the candidates Seb."

Seb smiled in amusement. "On one side we've got a fucking werewolf running through its owner. Of course the New Borns are all sympathetic toward the weres and refusing to realize they're fucking savages, so you can assume they'll put their votes there."

"Not entirely," Griffin contributed. "The demon will get quite a bit of votes too. It'll split the votes pretty evenly. Which means that the vampire will win."

"Which would please you, huh?" Ian asked challengingly: apparently the vampire wasn't his ideal candidate?

"I support whoever the Emperor supports," replied Griffin with a shrug. "And I'll take consideration from our Leader as well."

Luca pinned his ears back and focused in on Daddy's foot. Daddy was distracted, talking with his friends. Marco let out a little growl--a strong suggestion that Luca not hunt his Daddy's foot. But Luca never got to practice his hunting and he always had urges to. His little tail thrashed and he bared his teeth. He pounced the small distance, digging his feet into the soft material of the sock and the hard flesh of Daddy ankle.

The sharp pain made Tanner his as his foot twitched instinctively. He fought the urge to shake away the irritant and swooped down, dislodging the boy by his scruff. The pup hung there, pawing the air with an adorable whine at his Daddy for spoiling his fun. "God is he small," Ian commented.

Tanner smiled. "His name's Luca. He's the sweetest thing I've ever met."

"Well I suggest you avoid the demon and were then--they're all were-rights. They want to abolish pet shops in this century--can you believe it?"

The business had been going for just over a thousand years now. It seemed a bit sudden to get rid of an institution that provided safety and jobs. Who knew the effect on the economy. "Interesting," Tanner hummed, setting the boy on the floor was pushing him a bit toward Marco who was sitting patiently.

Luca let out a sad howl that Marco itches to join but fought, instead batting at him. Luca turned as he smelled someone else approaching. Tanner watched Reagan's graceful entrance after his classless exit. He sat down wordlessly and picked up his glass as if he hadn't just thrown a tantrum. Tanner wanted to smile--Griffin hadn't played his game and the world hadn't ended. He hoped this would be a turning point for the two.

"Reagan," one of the twins greeted with an obvious flirtatious edge.

Griffin's smile vanished and he eyed Raegan intently, as if waiting for him to tell him he was an relationship. But in Raegan's wicked mind, it was a prime time to get his payback. "Seb," he smiled back, toying with the rim of the glass. "This is a such a beautiful place!"

"Beautiful places deserve beautiful things," was his cheap remark.

But Raegan giggled. Griffin glared daggers at his competition and Marco rose his head, trying to gain his attention with a whine. If Tanner didn't know any better he'd think Marco liked the vampire already--very unusual untamed beasts. While Reagan and Seb flirted back forty Tanner turned his attention to his little boy. He lapped at Daddy's palm, tasting the salt on his skin.

Luca hopped and scrabbled up his leg to sit on Daddy's lap. The hostess came back with little plates of food. Tanner always hated that the chef cooked whatever he pleased as opposed to giving guests options. He didn't enjoy rare brisket but, for sake of his wallet, ate the thin slice of meat after pushing aside garnishes. Tanner cleared his throat to attract the attention of Ian who was still talking politics. Ian glanced at him. "Can I get something for Luca?"

"Carlos doesn't cook were," he replied shortly. "I can have Jemma get a bowl of water?"

"No thank you. I'll take the check."

"Leaving so soon?"

"I won't deprive Luca of a meal a moment longer." Tanner wasn't angry but he was annoyed at their lack of care. "Griffin?"

"Hm? Yes we should go too. I ought to feed Marco."

"Maybe I'll stay," Raegan stated with a wide smile.

Griffin's eyes flashed. Seb smiled. "I'll make sure he gets him safely--he hasn't even finished his food yet."

"Seb will make sure I get home safely," Reagan repeated in a condescending tone.

Griffin grit his teeth: "Alright. Fine."

He attached the chain to the choke collar on Marco Tanner suddenly noticed. He rose a brow as Griffin stood suddenly, momentarily choking the were as he scrambled to his feet. He stormed out--leaving his bill for Tanner to pick. Seb rolled his eyes, going as far as to call Griffin dramatic.

Tanner was glad to leave the restaurant and head back to the peace and quiet of home. Luca shifted back in the car at some point because when Tanner parked the puppy was gone, replaced by Luca's human form.

Inside Tanner ordered Sven to make Luca something and the two cuddled on the couch until Sven came out with a small dish of pasta. "I wasn't sure what he liked so I added some dairy cheese to it. I hope he won't mind."

"Why don't you tell this to Luca?" Replied Tanner pleasantly.

Sven hesitated momentarily before he smiled and crouched down Luca's level. The boy hid his face in Daddy's arm. "Hey little guy," Sven opened with a smile. "I made you some dinner--wanna give it a try?"

Luca shook his head, further burying his face back into his arm. "Luca it's okay," murmured Daddy, dislodging him and sitting on his knee. "Sven is very nice."

Luca dunked his head and mumbled "no" toward the floor. Daddy rubbed his back encouraging. "C'mon sweetheart. Do it for Daddy."

Luca peeked up at Tanner. "Luca do the talking for-for Daddy," he gulped and nodded his head. He tried to bravely meet Sven's eyes. "Luca says h-hello."

"Hello Luca. I made you dinner."

"Luca th-thanks I."

Sven stifled his laughter, afraid to hurt his feelings. "My name is Sven. And here you go."

Daddy helped Luca hold the little bowl. Luca stammered his thanks to Sven. "Lu-Luca says th-thanks Sven."

"You've very welcome Luca. You come find me if you want something different alright?"

"O-tay."

Tanner nodded Sven's dismissal and he left with one last smile.

QOTC: Thoughts?!