Twenty - Eight

A/N: Comment and Vote! Let me know what you think!

"You're bringing him?"

"You're bringing your were," countered Tanner.

Sven buckled Luca up beside the massive shape of Marco. Luca was staring at him in awe. "Who this?" He inquired. "Smell like Marco--eat Marco?"

His tone was breathless with horror and Tanner almost chuckled. "Marco." The man touched his chest. "Luca."

It was adorable for Tanner and concerning for Griffin--it was making it harder for him to come to terms with ending his life. "So we'll meet at the restaurant." Griffin confirmed as he leaned against his own car.

Tanner had volunteered to take Griffin in his car to spare the awkwardness on the date that suddenly seemed to hold little importance. Sven got into the front of the car, regret deeply set in his choice. He had hoped for a quiet evening playing with Luca and winding down with a bubble bath and a glass of O Positive. Now he was going to pretend the past was their presence two weres with the minds of children.

What would his mother think?

The restaurant was partially filled as they got a table near the back. The newest Vampire's thrill with the evening died considerably as he saw the fourth and fifth wheel. Sven couldn't help but notice the New glow to him. He was young--probably only a few decades.

Did Tanner find him attractive? And did he even care?

The waitress grudgingly took down orders for the weres, reminding them that the restaurant preferred them to be tied outside. Luca and Marco seemed to be communicating with little noises and face expressions mostly. Sven didn't care--at least they weren't drawing unnecessary attention. "I'm sorry about...them." Griffin gestured to the were with an apologetic smile.

Cayden smiled shyly. "It's quite alright. He is rather impressive in his animal form though. Can I ask why he's...like that?"

"He's uh, damaged." Griffin admitted.

Understanding passed over his handsome face. "Oh what a pity. So I trust you'll be selecting a new one?"

"Yes."

"Maybe we could make that a second date?" Cayden suggested flirtatiously.

"So you're not having an awful time so far?" Griffin smiled.

Tanner hadn't looked at Sven once--too focused on scrolling through his cellphone. Sven leaned to seize salt shakers as Luca got his little hands around them. Luca squealed unhappily and the large were growled--a strange noise coming from a human-looking creature. Eyes were drawn by the sound and Sven ducked his head in embarrassment. What a bundle of fools they appeared to be.

"Quiet," Griffin snapped.

The were dunked his head a bit and Luca turned his head curiously. "Daddy, hold Luca?" He pulled on Tanner's sleeve.

Tanner was distracted however--why had he had so much trouble finding a date. He was attracted, had a reasonable amount of money, and he had respect. Why wouldn't Sven beg to come? Why had he had to con and convince him? It just wasn't sitting right.

Is there someone?

He glanced up at Sven. He blonde was lost in his own world, scowling off into nothing. This outing wasn't up to his standards clearly. Sitting at a table with a loaded were (or two) didn't scream royalty after all. "Daddy!"