Thirty Four

A/N: Comment and vote!

Tanner held Sven close as they watched the sun rise.

It had been one of those sleepless nights for the two. They hadn't done too much. Gentle kisses, soft touches, and low voices. They both felt a bit lethargic but it was nothing a drink wouldn't cure. "You work today." Murmured Sven.

"I do." Tanner kissed the curve of Sven's shoulder. "Can Luca stay with you? I feel bad trapping him all day in my office."

"Of course Tanner. I'll enjoy the company." Sven breathed the dewey morning air silently before he spoke again. "How much longer do you think we'll have with him?"

Tanner was stunned by the question and caught off guard by it's answer. "I don't know. I haven't taken him to be evaluated yet."

"He's young," Sven pressed. "We must have at least a century?"

A lump grew in Tanner's throat. He knew Runt's had limited life span but he wasn't sure how limited. "We'll worry about it tomorrow." Tanner decided, relieving them both of sudden pressure. "He's happy and we're happy."

"Yes." Sven agreed. But he couldn't help the haunting fear that the little one'a days were growing increasingly numbered.

The two spent the day bolting around the yard and playing with toys. Luca seemed to be accepting Sven well and that relieved him. He put Luca to bed and went back his normal duties of tidying and instructing various staff about as he waited for Tanner's return.

It was terribly domestic from there on out. Each day Lavern would dote on Luca and the pup had the time of his life. Tanner would work and come home to his 'best boys' as he so lovingly nicknamed them. And rumor had Griffin was spending a lot of time with his new Beast who he called Jax.

Not to mention how Cayden seemed to hang from Griffin's arm constantly. It was easy to see that whatever he had gone through watching his Sire murdered had passed and now he had replaced him with Griffin. And the love hungry fool was loving it. "Where the wolf nowadays?" Cayden asked as he leaned against the door frame.

Tanner and Rylan, another office member, were discussing the third page of 692A that was set to be filed later in the evening. Both men had over looked his presence as he pet the massive Saber. "Not here," Griffin replied evenly. "Who is taking the messages for Braxton while your here?"

"The answering machine. Besides I get to spend more time with Griffey."

It's been a long time since Tanner had seen the man blush but he did so then with a throat clear and grasp at his masculinity. "Cayden please."

The young vampire pouted playfully. "Okay but  remember tonight."

With a final pat Cayden saw himself out and Griffin tried to get back on topic. Rylan saw an opening and took it. "So how is he in the sack?" He inquired curiously.

Tanner expected his friend to be indignant and refuse to reply but instead Griffin offered a coy smile and made a circle with his thumb and pointer. "Eager to please. Very eager."

Ryland laughed and Tanner sighed quietly. He never would have spoken of Regan that way. But what did he expect? Cayden was desperate and doted on this man and his taste in men so far had been far from exquisite. He was just the kind that levitated to assholes. Griffin was just playing the part to keep him engaged.

"And this thing man!" Rylan cried. "Your the talk of office carting him around. Shit, I couldn't even drag my cougar in here."

Griffin just smirked and gestured to Tanner. "You can thank him for it."

"What are friends for?" He replies dryly.

"What about you little creature?" Rylan asked. "No one told me you took up breeding?"

"He's a tiny." Tanner explained. "And he's with Sven."

"Oh yeah Tanner's infamous prince. How's he these days?"

"Fine. And infamous doesn't quite describe him." Tamer frowned.

Ryland looked at the clock and heaved himself up. "Alright. We're done here, yes?"

"I'd say so. I can throw it together before I go." Griffin replied.

"Fantastic." The man eyed the Saber quizzingly. Huge green eyes settled on him coldly. "Damn I'm jealous."

After Rylan saw himself out Tanner commented on his behavior. "Don't think so deeply into it Tanner. He wasn't being crude. After all, you've shared intimate details of Sven."

"But I did so privately with class."

"He's not a classy fuck Tanner. He's...Cayden. He's a secretary. I wish he was more subtle."

Tanner's brow furrowed. He could already see the messy ending of the little fling. Cayden was smitten and Griffin was simply enjoying him. "He's quite interested Griffin."

"Oh I know. He'd suck my cock for hours if I asked. Hell, if Sven's still be difficult I could probably even toss him your way." Griffin smirked a bit as he typed on the desktop. "How is that going by the way?"

"Fine. We're great." Frowned Tanner. "Griffin I feel you are being a little cold."

"Cold? C'mon Tanner. First I desperate and now I'm too cold? I'm getting over Reagan. And
Cayden is useful for that. He's also disposable." Griffins shrugged and they heard footsteps. "And speaking of..."

The small auburn man peered around the corner at Griffin and smiled. "It's the end of the day." He reminded him gleefully.

"Yes it is Love. Go sit in the car." Griffin replied.

And Cayden didn't waste a single moment doing so. "His Sire taught him well." Griffin winked as he powered down the computer.

Tanner felt annoyed. After all of that he was left with Griffin acting like this. But why did he care? Cayden was disposable. In his human life he had probably been the same, malleable, frail creature who bent to anyone's will. Why should he let it bother him and spoil the happiness he has found. "You're sure you've got the sheet alright?"

"Yes Tanner. It's just applying some final touches. I can email you a copy if you'd like?"

"No. I trust you. Have a good night, alright?"