Eleven

A/N: Comment & Vote!

"Can I take that off him?"

The two vampires watched Luca tugging on the thick black leather muzzle strapped over the larger were's snout. Occasionally Marco would grow annoyed and gently bat the small wolf away. He would roll in an exaggerated fashion before growling playfully and pouncing at Marco again.

"Sure. Just make sure he doesn't bite Luca."

The were gave a look of annoyance toward him and turned his head to Griffin, making sure the buckle was well within reach. Griffin leaned over making quick work of the removal. He pet he were, smoothing the fur where it had been a bit ruffled. Tanner never imagined the massive creature to put up with such belittling behaviors. "So why's he up?" Griffin inquired gesturing to Luca.

"Same reason yours is up I assume--thirsty?" He extended the bottle and Griffin shook his head.

"Their sleep schedule is fucked compared to the other weres I've got." Griffin commented with a shrug. "It's alright I guess. He doesn't even go into the back room where the beds are--he just sleeping on the floor wherever I am."

"Luca has his own bed."

"It's awfully quiet in here--have you relieved the staff?"

"No. Just a calm night." Luca began to tug on his pant leg but one stern look from Daddy and Luca detached his mouth carefully and went back to playing with Marco. "I assume you're here because Reagan didn't come home?"

"What right down he have to act like this?" Snapped Griffin immediately. "He can be a real piece of work you know!"

"I could imagine." Tanner was glad to say he had disconnected for all bitter past lovers ages ago. Now he was careful--love was fleeing and powerful. He didn't want to engage with anyone who wasn't able to see when a flame had been extinguished. "You're welcome for dinner by the way."

Griffin shook his head reaching for his wallet. "I'll pay you back."

"No need." Tanner shrugged. "You can do me a favor and deal with the Banshee tomorrow."

Davenport Williams, a fiercely beautiful woman with no patience. Not to mention her shrill voice as it pounded into Tanner's skull relentlessly. He could have made a better choice as a financial advisor but she was good at her job. "I would rather just pay you."

Marco got to his feet and paced in circles a moment. "He may need to go out." Griffin commented casually.

Tanner's nose scrunched. Treating you were like a beast was normal but he still felt bad. Inside the were was a man--a creature much like Griffin and himself. And to be reduced to living his life as an animal must have been awful and humiliating.

"Let him use the bathroom and keep his dignity."

Marco's ears twitched and his tail hung a bit low--the beast understood. Luca, oblivious to it all, hopped up to bite at his collar. It was metal choke collar, resting on his broad shoulder and chests. Luca's little teeth caught the loop and pulled the collar a bit. Marco's eyes widened and he instinctively shook his head violently in an attempt to loosen the grip.

Luca was easily dislodged and rolled several feet away with a whimper. Tanner was on his feet in moments, kicking at the animal that had so stupidly harmed his Luca. Marco snarled and his teeth grazed Tanner's leg as he snapped at him.

Griffin moved quickly, grabbed the loop on the collar and pull it tight until the beast hacked and fell docile. He instantly loosened it enough to allow the creature to breath but his chest heaved with anger and shock. Marco hadn't shown any aggression safe save for some grumbly growls in the beginning.

"Tanner--are you alright?"

Luca was already back on his feet looking worriedly at his friend who had his face pressed against the floor, body turned over in submission. "I'm fine. And luckily for that beast, so is Luca." Had Luca been hurt in the slightest, the were would have been promptly put down.

"He was scared Tanner--he's great with Luca."

"I'm not risking his safety with some savage beast!" Tanner snapped. "Muzzle it or tie it outside."

Griffin wanted to argue but it wasn't his home.
He grabbed he muzzle and fitted it onto the were's face. The creature whimpered but Griffin ignored it. The little were circled his friend, confused as to why he had to wear the muzzle again. But his own playfulness got in the way as he flipped over in front of him, batting at him, urging him to play.

However the playfulness had been replaced by a sullen attitude. Luca batted at this face for a few moments before he turned his interest on his tail. Marco would sweep it occasionally to keep the little wolf happy but it was obvious he was upset.

"Weren't you going to let it out?" Any sympathy Tanner had for the beast had disappeared. "I don't need it pissing in my house."

"Don't be that way. He didn't mean any harm."

"His kind never do." Sniffed Tanner.

"Let's not forget that Luca is also a were." Retorted Griffin coolly.

Tanner sucked on his teeth a moment before shifting the conversation. "You haven't heard from Reagan at all yet?"

Griffin's misery increased. "He's off fucking that asshole from the restaurant." He bristled. "I shouldn't have argued with him."

"He should respect you more than he does. Maybe it's time to a take a break? Give it a few hundred years. Space would do wonders."

"I don't want to be away from him." Griffin argued immediately. "We just need to talk more I think."

"You're hopeless with him." Commented Tanner with a shrug.

"It's true love." Griffin insisted, as per usual. "We're just going through a bit of a rough patch."

"Rough patch? For the past two centuries?" Mused Tanner with a shrug.

"It will get better. Besides, he was so happy I picked out the Polars--I definitely made the right choice."

"Really?"

"He wasn't happy about Marco though. He hates having weres in the house. But the Trainer say for us to bond correctly and him to provide the best protection, he needs to be with me as much as possible."

Tanner shrugged. "He has a good reason not to like it. It's still a beast."

Griffin sighed and rolled his eyes. "You know what? I think I'll take that drink now."

Tanner was about to call for Sven before he recalled the time. "Just a moment." He sighed as he heaved himself to his feet.

QOTC: Thoughts? Did Tanner overreact?
Goal: 20 comments