Chapter 1: A Cold Day In Hell

A/N: This picks up immediately after the events of The Enigma: A Klaus Mikaelson Love Story (so if you haven't already, or just need a refresher-- read that one first) from Klaus's point of view. Don't forget to comment and vote! X

"Blossom?" I said breathing heavily as I awoke. I looked around but she had gone. I was awake in my own bed and I had left her. She was all alone with that monster, and I didn't even know where to begin on how to save her. My phone beeped and I checked to see a text from Hayley, Tyler Lockwood's friend.

Hayley: I need help, it's urgent. If you protect me, I'll help you get Katherine.

I debated my options, my current plans were to drink in solitude and in anger because of my wife's disappearance but Katerina knew something. I heard her and Fiore on the phone when I was trapped in the dreaded Gilbert house.

Klaus: Where are you?

**********************************************************************************

I looked around the truck stop where Hayley was standing nervously, looking over her shoulder for any creatures of the night. She had neglected to notice the man standing in between the eighteen wheelers. He ran up to her, choking her and slammed her against one of the trucks. Normally, I would've enjoyed this but she was currently of use to me, I had to protect my assets.

I rushed over to the vampire, grabbed him by his jacket and slammed him against the truck.

"Come on mate, don't you know how to treat a lady?" I took a bite out of his neck whilst he just screamed in agony.

"I wasn't sure you were going to come" the girl said as she got up from the floor.

"You said it was urgent" I said shrugging my shoulders. She looked down at the vampire that was still clamping onto his wound and writhing about in pain. He eventually got up and sped away, never to be seen again. "Don't worry love" I said trying to appease her fear. "He'll be lucky if he makes it through tomorrow night."

"And what if there are more?" She snapped.

"It isn't my fault that you were stupid enough to make a deal with Katerina Petrova. She used you to find the cure and now that she's done with you, you're a loose end. Fingers crossed she lets you live" I said with my fingers crossed sarcastically.

"You said you would protect me" She said angrily.

"And I will, as soon as you tell me everything it is you know about Katerina"

"Fine, but not here." She said clutching onto her arms. Clearly she was cold but if she didn't come with a jacket, it was not my problem.

"It's a good thing I have a home then, isn't it?" I offered out my hand as I spoke but she rejected it and walked straight to the car. She was very lucky I was desperate, otherwise I would be taking her home in a doggy bag.

I drove her home and she immediately went to take a shower, she planned to make herself comfortable evidently.

"What an unpleasant surprise" I said turning around to see none other than Damon Salvatore making himself comfortable in my home also. Must be a new trend.

"I made a list" he said waving his piece of paper in the air. "It's called things you suck at. 1. Finding Katherine. 2. Finding Fiore. 3. Finding Fiore and Katherine even when they're together and 4. Hiding conversations between you and Hayley the backstabbing bitch. Where is she and what does she know?"

I laughed and went to pour myself a drink, completely ignoring his stupidity.

"What's so funny?" He asked following me to the counter.

"You want me to help you? Even though you killed my brother, imprisoned me in the Gilbert living room and you let Silas escape with my wife?" I asked him with my eyebrow raised.

"I didn't see you stopping Silas from taking her." He seethed. "Besides, Fi is a big girl, she can handle herself. See if I were you, I'd prioritize. Katherine has the cure, and if I know Katherine, which I do, because she hasn't managed to avoid me for 500 years, then she plans to stuff it down your throat. But I'll make you a deal, you help me find Katherine, I get the cure from her and I give it to Elena. Everyone's a winner. Just let me ask Hayley a few questions about Katherine."

"Elijah is the deal maker, not me." I said as I walked past him and sat down on the sofa. "Can't help you mate; Hayley is off limits. Although there was this one vampire that we ran into. It's a shame though, I bit halfway through his neck—I doubt he has time for chatting."

He growled before storming off and leaving my home. He really thought he was doing me such a big favour. My brother is dead and my wife is gone, because of them and they want me to help them. Not even on a cold day in hell.

~Rebekah POV~

"I see you've cut your vacation to Numbskull Island short" Damon said as he turned around to face him. She had been trailing him for a while now, he was none the wiser of course, but when you're as vain as he is—there's not much room to pay attention to other people.

"I was looking for answers and for Fi—despite you seeming to have forgotten about her existence the moment you found your friend—but I only managed to find a dead professor along with anything anyone knows about the cure."

"Darn" He said sarcastically. "Guess you won't be a real girl after all."

"Oh I'll get the cure" She said as he walked away. "And I'll find my sister, I just need Katherine and I'm betting you're going to lead me right to her."

"And why would I help you?" He said turning back to face her.

"Because I have a vial of my brother's blood" She said dangling a vial in his direction. "How else do you interrogate a vampire with a wolf bite?"

Damon looked at her grumpily and she smiled back. She knew she had the upper hand.

"Fine, follow me" Damon said begrudgingly as he walked away. They walked to the Grove Hill hospital where Damon grabbed a hospital employee and took a big bite out of her.

"I didn't realise we were stopping for snacks" She scoffed. That idiot was so easily distracted.

"I've been on the other end of a wolf bite, first you get sick, then you get really hungry, I'm just handing him an easy meal." He turned back to face the woman and compelled her. "I want you to walk to your car very slowly." The woman nodded and walked away, she stumbled to her car and fumbled for her keys when the bitten vampire attacked her.

Damon dashed up to him and slammed him against the tree. He brought up his hand to hit him but stopped as soon as he saw his face.

"Will?" He asked in shock.

"Damon? Buddy, where's Christy? You two were inseparable" The vampire said, breathing heavily.

"She's missing." Damon said looking at the man sadly.

"I'm sorry man, But I need your help" Will moved his collar away from his neck and showed him his wolf bite. It was very advanced and if they didn't help him, he would die very soon. "I think there's something wrong with me."

"I know" Damon told him sympathetically. "I'll help you" Rebekah started to bring out the vial of blood when Damon plunged his and into the man's chest and ripped out his heart.

"What the bloody hell have you done?" Rebekah shouted angrily. He was the one lead that they had and Damon had killed hm.

"I was putting him out of his misery" He snapped, before turning to look at the man slumped on the ground. "He was too far gone." He started to walk away leaving her to look at the vampire.

"Who was Christy?" she asked him turning back to look at him. He momentarily stopped before ignoring her and continuing to walk away.

A/N: First chapter done! I hope you enjoyed it, tell me what you thought by leaving a comment and please vote! X