Chapter 25: Dissipation

"REBEKAH! ELIJAH!" I screamed for my siblings as I entered my home, the siblings that had betrayed me yet again.

"Rebekah went to see Marcel and Elijah went to see a girl called Hayley." I stopped as a voice I hadn't heard in a long time answered, one I thought I would never hear again.

"Blossom."

"Hello Nik." Fiore stepped out into the reception and smiled at me with a sheepish smile. The anger I felt towards my siblings immediately dissipated.

"What happened? How can you be here? Is this a dream? An illusion? What?" I stared at her in disbelief as she walked up to me and took my face in her hands.

"I'm really here. I escaped, killed my father, met my mother, who then killed herself. But all the while, all I could think about was I would finally be able to return to you." As she spoke, tears began to slowly trickle down her perfect face.

"I thought you were too scared to leave. Elijah said you were too scared." I said unable to look at her.

"He also told me that true love will always prevail over fear. And it did, the love I have for you consumes me completely and the fear that I have of my father will never be able to compare. That is how much I love you Nik." She leaned up and kissed me, holding me tighter and kissing me faster and harder. I immediately thought of the last person I was this intimate with—Hayley. If Fiore found out she would kill someone. That someone would be me or Hayley and the child. I had to tell her but I had yearned for her, to feel her touch, to meet her gaze for so long that I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I picked her up and sped into my room and flung her down on the bed. I kissed every inch of her body, the body that I had missed so much. She felt the same and the carnal pleasure that we shared was nothing like ever before.

"I missed you more than you will ever know Nik." She said smiling at me with joy and relief. I heard Elijah and Rebekah return and the anger I felt before returned to me.

"Do you hear that?" I asked her and she shook her head in confusion. "You're weakened. You need sleep." I kissed her forehead and left her to sleep.

I walked into the parlour and looked out the window where Elijah sat with Hayley. His betrayal never seemed to end, he had fallen in love with her. He wanted to take the child from me, make it his own.

"Nik. You're back." Rebekah said looking at me indignantly. "Fiore is back although judging by her scent all over you, I assume you've already found her." She noticed the dagger in my hand and rolled her eyes. "Let's just get this over with, shall we? There's only one dagger so which one of us gets your punishment today?"

"I thought about playing ip-dip-doo, but you betrayed me." I said turning to my sister.

"Niklaus you wouldn't dare" Elijah said stepping in front her but I was angry at him too.

"Maybe it will be you, older brother" I pointed the dagger at him and moved forward. "You that is continually trying to steal my child with every fawning moment of affection you show to Hayley"

"Don't pretend like it has anything to do with Hayley" Elijah said glaring at me.

"IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HER." I bellowed. "She adores you and now my child will call you father. And not me."

"So that's what this is about?" Rebekah said in disbelief. "You're scared that you will be left behind! You never learn Nik, we never abandon you, you drive us away with your unchanging paranoia!"

"Is that so? What have I done lately, other than cooperate? I bow down to you, brother, to make up for daggering you. For the greater good of our plan to reclaim our home. Looked the other way, sister, while you repeat the same cycle with Marcel. Falling again for a man you shouldn't be with, while he controls the empire that we built! That he took! Now, I make no excuses for past sins. But in the one moment when you two could have chosen to stand by me—to believe in me, to believe my intentions for my own child were pure—you chose to stand against me, to side with my enemies. I wanted our home back. I wanted my wife back. Now I have them both with a child to boot. So, I'm going to live in my home with her. And the two of you... you can stay here together and rot."

"Tell me you did not say your child?" Fiore stepped into the parlour and stared at the three of us in horror.

A/N: So that was a thing... Yikes, I mean R.I.P. those guys, Fiore is gonna go crazy! It all comes to an end tomorrow until next year, assuming 2016 isn't the start if the apocalypse. Anywho, I hope you enjoyed it, please comment, vote and follow me! Also spread the word please, tell your friends and their friends and your grandparents and their friends! X