Chapter 12: Voicing Opinions

~Elijah POV~

"How are you so sure this dream of yours wasn't just that? A dream?" Rebekah asked her brother as he started to pack up his belongings and leave.

"Because Niklaus has gone to New Orleans, like Fiore said he would. Explain that to me sister."

"Coincidence?" Elijah momentarily stopped and looked at Rebekah and called out her idiocy without using words. "Fine, what's he doing there?"

"Apparently there are witches conspiring against him. I have to assume he plans to silence and slaughter." He said as he finally finishing packing and straightening out his suit. "Probably why Fiore felt the need to tell him to stop."

"Well the French Quarter witches are not ones to be trifled with, even if it is Nik. You don't suppose they've found a way to off him once and for all?" At the mention of their brother's demise Rebekah's eyes lit up in delight.

"In the name of our family, try to sound less gleeful" Elijah said repelled by his sister's distaste.

"What family? We're acquaintances that don't trust each other and just so happen to share a bloodline." She snapped.

"Fine, in the name of our friend. In the name of Fiore." Elijah pleaded.

"Fiore is gone. We all need to accept it" Rebekah said sadly. "I hope Nik gets to rot, on the Brightside he'll end up with her. Winning, like he always does. What exactly do you plan to do?"

"Stop those making a move against our brother. Or help them, depending on how I'm feeling." Elijah kissed his sister on the cheek before leaving the house and saying goodbye to Mystic Falls. He may not have been able to find his sister, but she would honour her dying wish.

~Klaus POV~

I arrived in New Orleans in the afternoon and immediately set off to find the witches that planned to cause me harm. I walked into the French Quarter and saw a woman wearing a patterned headscarf and wielding a crystal ball along with other various magical bits and bobs sitting comfortably at her stand. I might have ignored her, if not for the fact that as soon as she saw me, she started to run away. Not very inconspicuous of her.

"Good afternoon. Do you have time for one more?" I asked as I sat down at her table. She ignored me and continued to pack her things up. "Not very amiable, you don't even know who I am."

"I know what you are, Half vampire, half beast. You're the hybrid." She said glaring at me,

"The original hybrid actually." I said smiling at her.

"What do you want?" She snapped.

"I'm looking for a witch, perhaps you might be able to help me. A Jane-Anne Deveraux." The woman visibly reacted to the name before immediately putting her walls back up.

"C'mon sweetheart" I said leaning towards her. "I know you're a real witch, you've made that very clear. Let me make this very clear, I have a temper and the one person that had the potential to calm me down—isn't here to calm me down. So if I were you, I'd save the fabrications for someone who has the time."

"Witches don't talk outta school in the Quarter. Those are the rules and I don't break Marcel's rules" Marcel. Now that was a name I hadn't heard in a long time.

"Where do you suppose I might find Marcel?"

"He frequents this bar" she wrote a place down on a piece of paper and handed it to me. "Now take this and leave, you're ruining business."

**********************************************************************************

"Niklaus Mikaelson! As I live and breathe. It must have been a hundred years since that business with your papa! He left a ton of vampires in his wake" Marcel looked at me with a cautious smile on his face as I entered the bar.