Chapter 16: Whatever It Takes

The next morning came and I watched Hayley as she slept. I watched over her for a moment and then checked her bag for the wolfs bane. I opened the vial, it was empty. She had—

"I didn't use it" She said sitting up and interrupting my thoughts.

"I didn't realise you were awake."

"I could barely sleep. This house is like a sauna." She said gesturing to the bed covers strewn all over the floor.

"Fiore hated the cold. I suppose I just got used to it" I said as I stared out the window. "Why didn't you? You would've been free of all this, of me, of my family."

"Maybe it has to do with the fact that my birth parents gave me up, and my adopted parents kicked me out." She said looking in disgust at the vial of wolfs bane. "I guess I realised that not having a family is worse than having a crazy family. And I'm only family if this baby is."

"I'm beginning to think we have more in common than just our hopeless love life." I chuckled. "She would've liked you, had I not have slept with you, she would've liked you. All of us learned to fight because we were castoffs, backed into a corner by people that were supposed to love us."

"Well we're sure as hell backed into a corner now" She muttered bitterly.

"We are, aren't we?" I said as I started to leave. "I guess we'll have to fight."

"This whole thing with Marcel – the deal you have with the witches, trying to take him down, take what's his – Rebekah told me that you two once loved each other like family. That the three of you were a family. What happened?" She asked stopping me.

"My wife and I made Marcel everything that he is. We treated him like our son. He called her—never mind" I said stopping myself. "And when my father chased me and my family from New Orleans a hundred years ago, we believed Marcel was killed – we each mourned him, in our own way. Yet, when I returned, I found not only had he survived, he had thrived. Instead of seeking us out, instead of sticking together as one, he made a choice to take everything my family had built and make it his own. Now, he is living in our home, he is sleeping in our beds. That 'M' he stamps everywhere... it's not for 'Marcel'. It's for 'Mikaelson'. I want it all back, and if I have to push him out to get it, then that's exactly what I'll do. If Fiore comes—no when Fiore comes back, this will all be ours. Because the thing is, we've all betrayed Fiore in our own way. We did what we did, Elijah fell for her father's tricks, Rebekah tried to take the cure from her but Fiore didn't do to us what she did for him."

"What did she do?" Hayley asked.

"I'll wait for her to tell you herself." I said as I walked out grinning. "I'll see if I can do something about the weather here, no promises however."

"Niklaus" Rebekah said as she ran into the home. "You were right, Cami she's the key. Marcel truly likes her and because of that, I know his secret weapon."

"What is it?"

"Not a what" She said shaking her head. "A witch, she's only 16 but I've never felt power like that"

"Just a plain old witch?" I asked her in disbelief.

"Not just any witch. A kind of witch I had never seen before, she is beyond powerful" she ran up to me and pushed me. "And because of you that witch has Elijah! Who knows what she can do to him?"

"Well where is she, we'll get her?" I said as I went to get my jacket.

"I don't know" she said confounded. "She wiped my memory. Marcel possesses a weapon bigger and more powerful than an Original and you handed Elijah over to him! How many times will it take until his wish for your redemption finally dies? How many times until he stops being your saving grace?" She shrieked.

"I did what I had to do! Marcel took our home"

"What is a home without a family? Fiore is gone that is certain but we can get Elijah back. And I plan to do what I didn't do for Fiore, I will do whatever it takes. Are you going to help me?" She asked full of determination.

"Whatever it takes."

~Davina POV~

Davina stood drawing on an easel when Marcel walked into her room in the attic. It was a measly little thing but Davina was still grateful. It was everything and more compared to what the witches planned for her. He would help him in all his endeavours, she was all powerful now, no witch could stop her.

"They don't scare me. None of them, not even—" Davina stopped herself, knowing he wouldn't want to hear it.

"I didn't think they would" he said stroking her hair. "But it seems like they're here to stay."

"They don't belong here" she told him getting angrier. She could feel the power surging through her body.

"I know they don't, but they don't think that way. Which is why I need to ask you a favor D, I want you to figure out how to kill an Original."

Davina turned to look at Elijah who lay lifeless in a casket. "My pleasure."

A/N: I hope you enjoyed reading this! Please comment, vote and follow me! X