Chapter 19: Last Love

"Remember us Caroline?" I only came to this stupid affair to honour my wife, thank goodness I did because Caroline had managed to wind up into trouble.

"Mind if I borrow this, lad?" I took a graduation cap from one of the boys sitting in the rows before saving all of those that had all tried to kill me. More than once. I threw the hat and decapitated the witch that Caroline had killed once upon a time. "There are plenty more of these to go around. Who's next? I can do this all day."

I sat grimly through the rest of the ceremony and waited until the end to talk to Caroline once again. It had been a while after all.

"How did you get here so fast?" Caroline asked as she brought me into a hug in front of the commencement stage.

"I was already on my way. I got your graduation announcement. 'Don't come without a present' very subtle." I said rolling my eyes at her. "So you want cash?"

"Or a mini fridge" She said laughing at me.

"I didn't know what to get you, Fiore was always the present buyer in the relationship" I said sadly. "I had considered offering you a ticket to join me in New Orleans and be away from all the madness but I'm selfish. I need someone here so in case Fiore shows up, she'll know where to find me."

"I promise you Klaus." She said holding my shoulder. "The second I hear anything I'll send her your way."

"Thank you. Is there anything new?" I asked her sheepishly.

"Silas has been immobilized, he refuses to tell me where she would be. But if I could get everyone else— "

"No" I said shaking my head. "Her orders were very strict. I shouldn't have told you in the first place. She'll find her way home. I'm sure of it. But that's not what I'm really here to tell you. Your graduation present, is one that you can't refuse. Tyler is once again free to return to Mystic Falls"

"What?" She said her eyes lighting up.

"He's your first love, I know what it's like to be away from them. Make him your last. I know I'll make her mine, no matter how long it takes." I kissed her softly on the cheek and smiled. "Congratulations Caroline, I'm proud. She would be too."

"No she is." She said elated. "You gave me Tyler back and I will stop at nothing to get Fi back."

"I'm sure you would. But that's my battle to fight, you have yours. Now come on" I said taking her arm and leading her away. "Let's go before 12 angry hybrids try to finish us clean off."

A/N: Aww, the return to Mystic Falls! I hope you enjoyed, please don't forget to comment, vote and follow me! X